Posted over 1 year ago
Are you excited to work for Salesforce, the world's #1 CRM & the most innovative software company that defines game-changing technology? How about developing solutions for highest revenue generating software for Salesforce?
Industries Engineering team delivers new social, mobile and connected solutions for various global industries. We can now be found in financial services/Insurance, healthcare/life sciences, retail/consumer products, communications/media, public sector and automotive, delivering transformational solutions that address major challenges for enterprises across each sector. Built on the proven Salesforce platform, these new solutions empower enterprises across these key industries to connect with their customers in a whole new way.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead DevOps Engineer to build and drive the future of our next generation. You will be working in a fast-paced, organized agile team setting with world class technologists.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of highly motivated DevOps engineers (all levels)
- Develop tools and automated solutions in support of hosted services
- Handle and resolve issues escalated in the production environment.
- Build and run CI/CD Pipeline, highly distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Troubleshoot performance, reliability, and scalability issues.
- Collaborate with application engineers and train developers as needed.
What you need to succeed
- This position requires strong technical skills, excellent communications and problem-solving skills, and the ability to engage and interact with other teams.
- The ideal candidate will have skills and experience operating and supporting Internet hosted applications and protocols
- Build on industry leading infrastructure tools and technologies such as Terraform, Chef/Ansible/Puppet, Knowledge on Public / Private cloud such as AWS/Openstack to create tailored solutions solving challenging problems
12 + Years of experience
- AWS Certified or another cloud PaaS provider.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Ability to dig deep, debug and troubleshoot problems on distributed systems
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
- Willingness to be part of a team on-call rotation
- A strong background in open source technology.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Being a great listener, collaborator, communicator, and mentor.
- Championing a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of best engineering practices around building high performance, reliable and scalable Web Services
Technologies we use:
- Open Stack
- Python, Ruby
- Postgresql, ElasticSearch
- Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Deep understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP.
- Knowledge about cloud security and best practices.
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.