Posted 3 months ago
At Fable, we work to put the omnipresent mobile screen in service of our mental well-being. Founded by a renowned global technology leader, we are on a mission to deliver the world’s best experience for discovering, reading, and discussing stories with friends; in service of mental wellness.
We are a strong, cohesive, and remotely distributed team and share a passion for reading & mental wellness. Fable is backed by a stellar list of investors, Redpoint, M13, Defy & Breyer Capital for our seed funding round, and have just launched our app on both iOS and Android. We were recently mentioned in the news by Fortune
as we reached this landmark moment. We are so thrilled to be named in WillReed's Top Seed-Stage Companies to work for. Check out Fable here
About our Culture: At Fable, we believe everyone is the author of their own story. That’s why we’re committed to fostering a community of diverse voices where everyone feels like they belong. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our story, so we are dedicated to celebrating our differences, while bound together as one vibrant, ever-evolving community.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer to join our distributed team in building the world’s best platform for social reading and exceptional stories. In this role, you will use your creativity to drive brand, visual and overall product design. You will engage your creativity and work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to create a one-of-a-kind curated, social experience for stories for both our consumer and business-to-business services. The experiences you build will be beautiful, functional and something everyone loves to use around the world.
What You’ll do
· Empower people through design to use their voices & decentralize discussions
· Ideate and prototype end-to-end design flows
· Communicate efficiently and openly with people on the broader team
· Embrace our company culture and vocalize where we can be more inclusive
· Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to build new features
· Collaborate with designers and engineers to maintain consistency in our design system
We are looking for
· 6+ years of mobile-first UX/UI design experience
· Rigorous UX skills with a track record of solving complex UX challenges
· Portfolio with creative, thoughtful, and emotionally resonant design work for a consumer audience
· Growth mindset and proactive communication style, that keeps everyone aware and in sync
· Proficient with Figma, Flinto, Principle and other prototyping tools
· Facilitate objective discussions that lead towards thoughtful decision making
· Critical thinker with a strong point of view and a tendency towards action
Why you’ll love working at Fable
· Work on a purpose-driven product
· We are a tech company with the soul of an artist
· We are an early-stage start-up and as such a constant work in progress. So, to borrow from Douglas Adams, “Don’t Panic”
· Our culture is open and transparent
· We have no time for bureaucracy - We want leaders, not spectators
· You will need to be resourceful, hands-on and solve problems
· We listen, understand, and consider before we judge
What does all this mean to you?
· You will be working with a group of diverse, creative people distributed geographically
· We support each other in our curiosity and creativity
· We trust each other to set our own schedule and get things done
· You can count on us to count on you, every single day
· Flexibility - you can be based out of any location within the U.S
· Competitive pay package & benefits
Our mission is to deliver the world’s best experience for discovering, reading, and discussing stories with friends; in service of mental wellness. Stress, anxiety, depression, and social isolation are on the rise. Just 30 minutes of reading every day can improve our mental well-being. Stories promote empathy, social perception, emotional intelligence, and other cognitive abilities that can lead to better mental health. Fable helps our community make reading a daily healthy habit for our mental wellbeing. Community members enjoy the many benefits of reading while making deeper human connections with other readers. With a rise in demand for safe, private, and interest-based, online social platforms, Fable puts the omnipresent mobile screen in service of digital nutrition: fostering mental wellness, personal growth, and meaningful connections through reading.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a gender-balanced team committed to diversity and an inclusive environment.