Posted 9 months ago
Lead Product Designer (UI/UX) at Jobbatical
Remote or Estonia or India, India
Jobbatical (https://jobbatical.com) is looking to change the way immigration works across the World. We are based in Tallinn, Estonia (one of the most advanced digital societies of the world today and one of the fastest growing startup community).
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer (UI/UX) who can help us build the world’s leading Immigration platform that can tame the monster of Immigration and make the process ridiculously simple for companies, their employees and Immigration specialists.
Great ideas come from great designers. If you are having a passion for solving problems, user experience and an ill-placed pixel hurt your eyes, this might be a place for you!
About the Job
We need you to provide design leadership to the company’s flagship products.
You will be pivotal in both thinking about where to take our products next and also planning.
and executing a path for it. You are expected to take full ownership of the design process while also keeping the experience of our customers and users at it’s core.
Your work will be exciting and will require you to:
- Research, brainstorm and execute the product designs
- Do independent user research – just to let you know, we love that !
- Create engaging, functional and beautiful interfaces from low fidelity mock-ups to pixel perfect designs
- Display complete ownership of the products you are working on
- Prioritize and manage workload to help the team meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Have a strong empathy and passion to know your users well and create functional, cohesive & usable design not for yourself but for them
We would love to have a detailed chat with you if –
- You have a design experience of 4 -5 years in a fast moving environment (B2B products experience is a bonus).
- You possess a solid understanding of UI design frameworks, responsive design principles, typography, grid-based systems.
- You have an existing portfolio that exhibits excellent use of design frameworks, user scenarios, typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements.
- You can come up with original ideas and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You are self-driven and motivated. We hate micromanagement. Please don’t expect us to.
- You question things and have the ability to understand & dissect problems
- You love not getting stuck and moving fast to see your design being used within weeks by actual users.
Where will you work from
We are ok if you have remote experience and would like to work remote.
We prefer however that you are based out of our HQ Tallinn(Estonia), where our Engineering team works out of or out of India, where our Head of Product, is based.
About the pay and benefits:
- Love, care and a lot of attention (Design members are the superstars of our team)
- Great compensation. A good salary, equity options, and (if you need it) all the help with the relocation. Obviously.
- Self-care budget. A budget for books, gym, and Uber rides for when you want to treat yourself to a night out.
- Setup of your choice – Laptop, peripherals, headphones and other needed hardware.
- Time for yourself. 28 days of paid vacation, 3 mental health days a year, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible Work. Work from home or in our spacious office in the coolest part of town.
- Annual offsite in Tallinn. Karaoke included.
- Working with a kick-ass team that is passionate about making our Immigration simpler!