Posted 9 months ago
If you live and breathe the user experience, love solving problems and flourish with variety, Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you. We're specifically seeking a Lead Product Designer to join Atlassian's Growth team. A cross-product team that focuses on growth for the Atlassian product suite. The remit of this role is broad, spanning many teams and lines of business, but ultimately focussed on re-imagining the complete signup and onboarding experience across our suite of products.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (JIRA, HipChat, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for diligent, energetic designers to help us.
More about You
- For this Mountain View based role, we're looking to engage impact players - experienced designers who have been there, done it, and have the stories to prove it.
- Ideally, you have 10+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer. Even better: you've got experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- You have a track record of delivering outcomes. We'll ask for specific examples where you've planned and driven product direction autonomously.
- You can lead and inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you built consensus with cross functional peers, key partners and executives across a business to influence a result. Similarly, outside of work you are an authority in your domain and share ideas with your industry peers.
- As a very senior member of the product design team, you inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues. Sharing processes, skills and experience with others to help up-skill the entire team.
- You are master of craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- A strong storyteller, youll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- You've gained experience working on products in an experimental environment (eCommerce, Retail or Travel is a big plus).
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Sketch, Mural, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, & Keynote.
More About Our Team
- Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. You will join a growth-minded team that is passionate about creating the best user experience possible, and committed to delivering what users need to feel a connection with our products. We challenge each other constantly, asking the 'hard questions' to improve our work. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', with a strong flair for innovation.
- For more insight into how our design team works, visit our article on the power of autonomous teams and our medium design blog.
- And for a glimpse into our hiring process, visit here.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.