Posted about 1 year ago
If you live and breathe the user experience, love solving problems and flourish with variety, Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you. We're specifically seeking a Lead Product Designer to join Atlassian's Growth team. A cross-product team that focuses on growth for the Atlassian product suite. The remit of this role is broad, spanning many teams and lines of business, but ultimately focussed on re-imagining the complete signup and onboarding experience across our suite of products.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (JIRA, HipChat, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for diligent, energetic designers to help us.
More about You
- For this Mountain View based role, we're looking to engage impact players - experienced designers who have been there, done it, and have the stories to prove it.
- Ideally, you have 10+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer. Even better: you've got experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- You have a track record of delivering outcomes. We'll ask for specific examples where you've planned and driven product direction autonomously.
- You can lead and inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you built consensus with cross functional peers, key partners and executives across a business to influence a result. Similarly, outside of work you are an authority in your domain and share ideas with your industry peers.
- As a very senior member of the product design team, you inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues. Sharing processes, skills and experience with others to help up-skill the entire team.
- You are master of craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- A strong storyteller, you’ll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- You've gained experience working on products in an experimental environment (eCommerce, Retail or Travel is a big plus).
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Sketch, Mural, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, & Keynote.
More About Our Team
- Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. You will join a growth-minded team that is passionate about creating the best user experience possible, and committed to delivering what users need to feel a connection with our products. We challenge each other constantly, asking the 'hard questions' to improve our work. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', with a strong flair for innovation.
- For more insight into how our design team works, visit our article on the power of autonomous teams and our medium design blog.
- And for a glimpse into our hiring process, visit here.