Posted 11 months ago
We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to take on the following responsibilities:
* Lead front and backend technical development work as part of the reconfiguration of ITEP’s microsimulation tax model—currently based on legacy Visual Fox Pro (VFP) code—to a Python web app to be deployed on an Azure platform.
* Lead the technical development, integration and iterative improvement of ITEP’s tax modeling capacities.
* Communicate clearly with multiple constituencies, soliciting and digesting feedback from both technical and non-technical users.
* Ensure that all code development, data handling and version control are done efficiently, securely, transparently and in a manner that improves user productivity and timeliness.
* Support documentation of ITEP’s model processes.
Candidates should already have the following experience & skills:
* Three to five years of experience as a full stack software engineer.
* Specific experience with:
* managing cloud deployments (e.g., Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud);
* managing Python web app development;
* designing server-side and client-side architecture;
* optimizing database function and management (ideally PostgreSQL);
* using object-relational mapping (ORM).
* Ability to manage two or more concurrent projects, working both independently as well as with a team.
* Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical users, responding effectively to user needs.
* Ability to write effective technical documentation.
In addition, other helpful (though not necessary) experience would include having worked remotely on a software development team and having developed and deployed software for governments and/or nonprofit organizations.
For further details, see the job listing on ITEP's website.