Posted 27 days ago
We’re looking for a lead designer to work on improving the Mailbird application so it stays innovative, clean and easy to navigate - focusing on delivering the best user experience with smooth usability.
Additionally, there will be tasks to work on the design of the website, general branding and the growth team’s various marketing initiatives across our communication channels.
As the lead designer at Mailbird, you will be the primary person responsible for all design work and will be able to put your mark on everything. Since we work remotely you will be required to take ownership of and ideate, prototype, and iterate on solutions - both alone and with the rest of the team.
What will you work on?
- Bringing exciting visual experiences to a desktop application and eventually mobile.
- Designing the website, ad campaigns and other ways of promoting our product.
- Ideating new and improved ways for people to use Mailbird.
- Work on a consistent branding between the application, website and our communication.
What will you bring to the team?
- At least 3 years of hands-on product design experience.
- A meticulous mind and a strive for perfection.
- Solid foundational visual design skills – e.g. typography, layout, colour and information hierarchy.
- Knowledge of human-computer interaction and design principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts with pixel-perfect accuracy.
- A high degree of interest in usability and studying to understand user needs in-depth.
- A strong desire to work remotely.
About the company
Mailbird is a beautiful all-in-one communication platform for Windows users that allows popular productivity apps to integrate well with email. Mailbird has won multiple prestigious awards and been voted the best email client for Windows both by users, PCWorld, IT World and many others as well as having been featured on BBC, CNBC, Bloomberg, Lifehacker and more. We’re an exciting and passionate international team from the U.S., Indonesia, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, France, Romania, Poland, Italy, Denmark and Germany.
- Competitive monthly contractor payments based on experience and qualifications.
- Flexible hours and freedom within the job.
- Teamwork retreats in a tropical paradise.
- Regular coaching and training with a focus on personal and professional growth.
- 4 weeks (20 days) paid time off a year.
- A chance to work with an exceptional international team that is highly productive, creative and fun!