Posted 4 months ago
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com
, and WordPress VIP is looking for an exceptional person to help us execute on the first line of our creed, “I will never stop learning.”
As our first Learning and Development Specialist, you will identify, design, and implement processes that help Automatticians learn the right things faster. “I will never stop learning” is the first tenant of our creed
, and learning has a uniquely strong emphasis within Automattic. As such, you will have broad latitude to improve our coaching and professional development programs, influence our performance management processes, and design cultural practices and feedback loops that promote learning. This role is not focused on designing content or curriculum but the organizational processes that improve the rate that Automatticans learn and become more effective. You will report to our Chief Implementer of Learning and Development and work closely with them in every aspect of the role, helping to scale the Learning and Development organization.
You have been personally responsible for implementing processes across a diversity of teams and functions, and proactively analyzing the results via qualitative and quantitative methods. You have evaluated initiatives based on their impact on employee performance, not just tactical metrics like course attendance. You are extremely organized and detail oriented. You can take a high level strategic plan and fill out the details that it needs to be successful. You have experience convincing stakeholders to work with you who have their own priorities and may not initially want to prioritize your objectives.
You almost always hit your deadlines, and if something out of your control prevents you from doing so, you communicate proactively so those depending on you can also adjust. You communicate clearly and concisely through writing. The majority of our communication at Automattic happens via Slack or our internal wiki. You’re naturally curious and genuinely passionate about the prospect of having such broad influence on a company that’s building the future of work.
- Implement processes and frameworks that improve performance and accountability across Automattic.
- Drive the implementation and adoption of the Skills Matrices Automatticians use to plan and track their professional development.
- Design guidelines and coordinate internal partners to build and run Learning and Development initiatives.
- Design qualitative and quantitative surveys to measure the impact of initiatives and critically analyze the results.
- Identify feedback loops that show Automatticians where they are effective and where they can improve.
- Maintain an assessment program that measures the success of our 20+ executive coaches.
- Continuously improve programs through feedback and data.
- Evaluate the ROI of Learning and Development initiatives and programs.
- 5+ years of experience with a focus on performance management, change management or program assessment in a corporate setting. Preferably at a technology focused company.
- Proven track record and experience implementing organizational processes and measuring their effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Strong written communication skills.
- A passion and personal interest in learning and optimization.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Describe how you’ve evaluated the success or failure of 2 initiatives you’ve recently worked on, as well as the next steps taken after the evaluation.
- Describe a process you’ve personally undertaken to learn something challenging and the outcome.
- What’s a question you have for us?