Posted 4 months ago
Witted Roots, LLC is a mental health + emotional wellness platform for millennial women of color, rooted in themes of self-reflection, and vulnerability.
We exist at the intersection of passion and purpose to help millennial women of color discover the tools necessary to thoughtfully address and proactively approach their mental health + emotional wellness.
To continue doing even greater things to fulfill this mission, we want dedicated, passionate, and witty people like you to be a part of our team.
Do you want to help millennial women of color be more intentional about making their mental health a priority?
You do? So do we!
We are looking for multiple Mental Health + Emotional Wellness Subject Matter Experts (Independent Contractor) who will be excited for the opportunity to supplement their current income by leading meaningful, intimate Live Sessions in our private, exclusive membership community. (All Live Sessions are virtual!)
Our private membership community is a safe space for millennial women of color to be their most vulnerable. Witted Roots is seeking experts to lead Live Sessions that can serve as tools to encourage a more thoughtful + proactive approach to mental health + emotional wellness for our members
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role mainly involves:
- Developing and implementing 90 minute Live Sessions for our community members (topics can include, but not be limited to: Boundary Setting; Negative Self-Talk; Trauma; etc.). This is a flexible opportunity where schedules and availability will be determined 2-3 months in advance.
- Creating on-brand and engaging presentations to accompany your Live Sessions. Regularly intersperse questions and other interactive content to check in with attendees as you go along.
- Flexing your expertise to ensure quality, clarity, creativity, authenticity, and consistency of all mental health + emotional wellness content included in presentations.
To be a great fit for this role:
- You need AMAZING online communication skills. You should be extremely comfortable navigating the ins + outs of online technology tools like CrowdCast, Zoom, and Google Drive, and can learn quickly what makes our community members tick.
- You've been there + done that. If you have legit experience facilitating dynamic workshops (virtually or otherwise) based on mental health + emotional wellness topics, and know what it takes to make participants find value in what you have to share, then you may just be the right person for this role.
- You are great at self-direction. We're pretty hands-off because we believe in your ability to give your all to your assigned Live Sessions (as an Independent Contractor). We know you will be doing your absolute best, so you have to be comfortable being left to your own devices (after topic assignments + other logistical details are squared away).
If any of the above sounds like you, then please join us!
- 2+ years of experience directly facilitating workshops, trainings, masterclasses, or discussions around mental health + emotional wellness.
- Master's Degree or higher in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, etc.
- Must be a millennial woman of color.
- Expert-level ability at breaking down broad or heavy topics into easily digestible, but still impactful content.
- Strong passion for breaking down cultural barriers surrounding mental health in marginalized communities.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills that make you amazing at connecting with other millennial women of color.
- Native-level proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to work independently + communicate effectively with the Witted Roots team.
- You're interested in an opportunity to make occasional extra income by leveraging the awesome skills + experience you already have. [This position is a flexible position + Live Sessions are scheduled 2-3 months in advance. You will be assigned Live Sessions as your availability + preferred topics dictate]
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. (As this is virtual, you don't need to be located in New York).
- Please Note: This is a 1099 independent contractor position with no benefits package at this time. Please do due diligence regarding income taxes and other relevant processes under this designation. Independent Contractors are paid $150 per Live Session.
WHY WITTED ROOTS?
- 100% Remote Position. We will never ask you to face the horrors of traffic or the even greater horrors of wearing pants. (You are always welcome to participate in any of our in-person events + gatherings though!)
- We'll Always Keep You In Mind. Once you're a confirmed part of our network of Subject Matter Experts, that means that we trust you 100% to be an invaluable resource for our community. What this means is that we'll keep you in a database that we will frequently look to in the future for other opportunities where we need an expert like you (for instance: courses, retreats, screening events, etc.)
- Massive Impact. Our aim is to be the first stop for millennial women of color who are interested in finally making their mental health + emotional wellness a priority so that they can live more fulfilling, happier, and peaceful lives. Become an important member of our team to help make this a reality!
READY TO APPLY?
To be considered for this independent contractor Mental Health Subject Matter Expert role, please include your resume, a cover letter letting us know the kind of changes you'd most like to see in the health + wellness space globally, as well as completed the questionnaire below, fully + thoughtfully.