Posted about 1 month ago
**This job can be either part time from home, full time from home or from our office in Vancouver**
Are you looking for a working environment with a team of fun, creative and passionate people who love their jobs and enjoy autonomy in the workplace?
Globalme is a language and technology company; featured for the fifth year in a row in Business in Vancouver's 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC. We offer localization services for websites, mobile apps, and software, and provide a full set of services around the development of wearable technologies. In particular, speech data collection, functional testing, usability testing, user trials, semantic analysis and more, in North America and around the world.
- Analysis of document, software, video and website source files for quotation
- Analysis and preparation of source files for translation project workflows
- Review source content for Internationalization and quality issues
- Post-processing of translated files.
- Assist project managers developing schedule and budget
- Configuration of translation tools/workflows (CAT and MT), creation of translation projects in CAT tools
- Scrubbing and fixing localization and internationalization bugs
- Automation of processes, taking screen shots and etc.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Localization or equivalent job experience.
- Strong knowledge of CAT & terminology tools; Translation Management systems (e.g. SDL TMS)
- Fluent in English
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of encodings/fonts, in particular Unicode
- Experience with version control and defect tracking software
- Demonstrable understanding of Localization and Internationalization/Globalization and the difference between the two
- Advanced knowledge of XML, HTML and XLIFF formats
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and seek help to do so when needed
- Ability to match at least 3 hours with PST zone for the first 3 months or until you can work independently
Nice to have:
- Ability to automate engineering tasks
- Knowledge of machine translation
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of more than one language (human, not machine: e.g. English, Tagalog, etc.)
- Programming/Development experience and ability to write/read code (C#, C++, Java, etc.)
- Content Management System (CMS) experience
- Ability to work across multiple platforms (Windows, Apple, Android, iOS, Linux, etc.)