Posted 10 months ago
While the current responsibilities will heavily center around the monitoring and updating of day-to-day activities, the future state of this position will be to assist in high-level planning, continual improvement implementation and creative cost reduction ideation/execution. With the department (and company) relying heavily on standardizing practices and automating repetitive tasks, the ideal candidate will be someone who continually reviews their daily activities and assists in mapping out the changing processes. This position will require a great deal of internal and external communication keeping an accurate inventory flow and schedule.
- Transportation documentation control & organization
- Production timeline monitoring/updating
- Managing freight forwarder relations
- Transportation cost & risk management
- Managing warehouse relations with our 3rd party logistics partners
- Receiving & product availability management/communication
- Inventory accuracy
- Order fulfillment accuracy/timeliness
- Cost reduction planning
- Degree in a quantitative discipline or experience working in the logistics field
- Project Management & Time Management skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment by being proactive, flexible, efficient and task-focused in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- US-based, with ability to travel our distribution center in California quarterly at a minimum
- General understanding of EDI and API connections
- General understanding of standard operating procedures
- Ability to create, outline, document and continually improve
- Examine and observe details/processes with an intuitive ability to challenge routine and voice concerns/suggestions
- Strong team mentality and ability to not only do what is asked, but to do what you believe is needed.
- Desk and productivity allowance. (Get what you need to dress up your workspace and be productive)
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months tenure for bucket list adventure travel.
- $500 donation to the charity of your choice in your name at the end of each year
- $500 yearly "continuous improvement stipend for employee education and learning opportunities