Posted about 1 year ago
The DataRobot Explainable AI team is pioneering the industry by inventing cutting edge solutions to optimize AI explainability and interpretability.
As machine learning capabilities mature and automation increases, there will always be a need for humans to understand and explain the behavior of AI systems. The Machine Learning Engineer position on the Explainable AI team will be a key factor in realizing this vision by actively contributing to the development of our automated insights toolchain.
We are looking for talented people with deep knowledge of Machine Learning / Statistics and strong engineering skills.
Your responsibilities will include the automation of data science best practices, build tools to detect and address data and model issues, build models that deliver world class tradeoff between accuracy and explainability and develop state-of-the-art insights.
DataRobot is based around delivering best-in-class AI solutions, and this position provides the opportunity to build the key machine learning components of our system.
- Integrate leading open source solutions and build in-house solutions to explain the output of any machine learning model
- Automate interesting and actionable insights from data
- Design and build solutions to integrate domain knowledge into the modeling process
- Contribute to a transparent and accurate documentation of the inner workings of models
- Recommended background: 5+ years of combined Python engineering and machine learning experience
- Experience writing maintainable, testable, production-grade Python code
- Understanding of different machine learning algorithm families and their tradeoffs (linear, tree-based, kernel-based, neural networks, unsupervised algorithms, etc.)
- Good command of scientific Python toolkit (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Understanding of time, RAM, and I/O scalability aspects of data science applications (e.g. CPU and GPU acceleration, operations on sparse arrays, model serialization and caching)
- Software design and peer code review skills
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development in Python
- Experience with Git + GitHub
- Comfortable with Linux-based operating systems
- Deep knowledge of data science best practices
- Strong intuition of models strength and weaknesses
- Competitive machine learning experience (e.g. Kaggle)
- Previous experience of deploying and maintaining machine learning models in production
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.