, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 40 high-performing, happy people dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Customer Support Team Manager that will be instrumental in leading our current support team of 6 people.
You're an experienced manager of customer support teams with a well-developed management philosophy and experience as a successful team leader that can demonstrate both company and employee growth.
You have over two years of experience in B2B SaaS/startup customer support. You have a proven track record leading the support team of a SaaS business in a similar industry with a strong technical background.
In your role as Support Manager you’ll be responsible coach and lead the day-to-day operations of the team. Due to the small size of this team, you will also be expected to interact with customers directly and answer our hardest inquiries.
You reside in Western Europe and are willing to accommodate the management of team members who range in time zone from Pacific Time to CET. This position requires periodic travel to customer offices and Close company offsites.
You should have...
- 2+ years of experience on a customer support team of a B2B SaaS product
- 1+ years as a manager with remote direct-reports
- Extensive administrative and agent level experience with Helpscout
- Ability to read through scripts / have a basic understanding of programming concepts in Python / Ruby / Java
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional service to both non-technical business users and deeply technical engineers
You enjoy ...
- Interacting with customers over the phone and email
- Creating well-written and visually pleasing educational content recruiting and managing a small team of customer support executives around the world
- Debugging complex problems in email, phone, and billing systems
- Being liaison between product and support -- communicating customer and support team challenges to the product team.
Bonus points if you have experience on a sales team or working in a sales-oriented culture
Why work with us...?
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.