Posted about 1 year ago
About the Position
The Strategy and Operations team is a high-performance team chartered with assisting the EVP of the Global Industry & Partners Business Unit in driving the business forward. This involves providing a mix of sound strategic advice combined with practical operational insight. We work on the most pressing issues for the business and we have very hands on involvement in making the fast-paced business unit a success. The background of the team includes a mix of top tier strategic consulting, financial institutions, and start-ups with team members having strong operational and business management experience.
The Partner Strategy team supports the Strategy & Success organization, with a global mandate to build a different kind of partner ecosystem-- allowing for the greatest amount of success for both our partners and customers. This global organization includes multiple partner-facing business units, including Partner Marketing, Partner Programs and Partner Solutions to name a few. As the organization's strategy business partner, we empower our stakeholders and senior leadership with the data-driven insights and decision criteria needed to grow our partner ecosystem. Our team is focused on driving operational scale and process automation across all business units and overseeing multiple strategic initiatives.
We work in an environment with complex business issues that are not always clearly defined, and the path to a solution often involves additional data / infrastructural challenges and competing priorities. The successful candidate will possess superior analytical and strategic thinking capabilities, a strong work ethic, ability to learn fast and handle ambiguity, and be highly collaborative.
Example projects you will work on range from the very strategic to the very operational:
marketing campaign ROI and effectiveness, KPI analysis and dashboard design and quarterly and annual planning. Deliverables range from robust analytic models, custom performance analysis, self-service reporting/dashboard infrastructure, and the packaging of findings into presentation-ready content for Salesforce executives. The candidate will interact with various areas of the organization and be exposed to numerous senior executives. This is a team that provides excellent opportunities for advancement and learning for top performers.
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and lead automation for reporting
- Development and analysis of KPIs and long range business planning across multiple business units
- Analyze possible market opportunities and build revenue models
- Analyze partner leads / pipeline performance and synthesize into recommendations for stakeholders
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for senior executives
- Prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision making
- Advise on organizational structure improvements by assessing alignment opportunities & operational impact
- Support strategic initiatives including operational reviews to identify key actionable areas of improvement
- Oversee execution of multiple initiatives / projects across multiple business units and functions
- Manage and support budget planning for multiple business units
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or analytical discipline
- 5+ years in management consulting, financial institutions or SaaS industry experience
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including budgets simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Previous experience defining, documenting, managing, and improving processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, especially to executive stakeholders
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
Preferred Skills / Experience
- MBA a plus
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, R, Python and/or Business Objects (or similar analytical packages) a plus
- Demonstrated Salesforce proficiency via active certifications
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.