Posted about 1 year ago
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) play a critical role in the company's success by developing the top of the sales funnel. The Elastic SDR Team is made up of an incredible group of intelligent, creative, passionate professionals who work hard to help users successfully navigate their Elastic journey and to generate new business opportunities for the Sales Team. Importantly, the SDRs are honing their skills to become the future leaders of the company. This is where you come in.
Elastic is looking for a Sales Development Manager who will lead the hiring, enablement and coaching of this growing SDR Team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a coach at heart. You enjoy building and enabling successful teams through a clear vision, structure and strategy. You are known for being able to create a thriving team culture based on a shared set of values and appropriately designed incentives. You are focused on process and best practices but are not a micromanager of your team members. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Ability to clearly communicate with and influence upper management to secure resources
- Creative mindset in thinking about driving rep productivity and pipeline growth
- Desire and ability to operate and thrive in an entrepreneurial, self-starting environment
- Self-disciplined with the ability to effectively prioritize and handle a variety of high-visibility, high-impact initiatives
- Help identify, hire and coach top talent
- Work with the Sales Strategy and Operations Team to help define strategy and processes to improve productivity and scale growth of team
- Work with Marketing to ensure quality generation, education and nurturing of leads
- Work closely with Sales Executives to ensure enough quality pipeline to help meet monthly revenue targets
- Motivate team with creative incentives and inspire through a shared vision and values
- Regularly report on key individual and team metrics to identify strengths and area for improvement
- 4+ years of experience in software tech sales and/or sales development, preferably in Big Data, Cloud and/or Open Source space
- Proven success in driving pipeline through inbound and outbound prospecting strategies
- Whether through work or life experience, you have demonstrated success in working with people across cultures and countries. Remember, Elastic is a highly-distributed company and values diversity and an open mind.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.