Posted about 1 year ago
Job Title: Manager, Security Compliance
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salesforce is looking to hire a manager in our Security Compliance External Audit team located in our Dublin office. The External Audit team is responsible for the execution, facilitation and management of Security Compliance certification programs across the company that our customers depend on. The role will be heavily focused on evaluating technology controls, supporting audits for the companies certification programs and acting as a compliance subject matter expert to the business. The manager will locate in Dublin, Ireland and work remotely with Security Compliance External Audit team to support a variety of external audits and evaluations, mainly focused on EU regional programs, such as:UK Cyber Essentials, and NEN 7510.
A successful candidate for this role will be a strong communicator who excels at explaining complex technology to diverse audiences (across varying technical and business backgrounds) in a way that fosters understanding and ownership. Innovation, creativity and strategic thinking are key qualifications, as this role will assist business and technical partners in designing scalable, sustainable approaches to satisfying our regulatory requirements. The ability to build influence and evangelize for new initiatives among stakeholders in multiple organizations will be an essential driver for success, as will an unflappable demeanor and grace under pressure. This role will work with the business at all organizational layers, so it will be important to demonstrate flexibility in approach, communication style and depth of understanding.
As a result of the Company's on-demand application service technologies and \"software-as-a-service\" business model, the Security Compliance team often confronts novel and challenging compliance issues. The team's goal is to support all aspects of the Company's operations while providing a superior compliance and process management experience. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Security Compliance – External Audit.
- Plan, Coordinate and execute work assignments with process/control owners and external auditors
- Direct and perform controls testing, document results, and provide updates to the Security management, and internal stakeholders
- Manage the timely and high-quality execution of certification programs.
- Advise process/control owners with the preparation and on-going maintenance of controls and control documentation (e.g., policies, procedures, narratives, and matrices)
- Proactively identify gaps or conflicts in existing processes and work to develop solutions with internal business partners.
- Assist with and drive remediation of control deficiencies and gaps identified internally and externally
- Educate and train process/control owners so they better understand the security controls framework and their responsibilities
- Evaluate and advise on new and evolving certification programs and technology.
- Build strong relationships with business partners and facilitate continuous improvement aligned with operational processes.
- Effectively communicate program execution status, key accomplishments, and risks to senior management both within Security and to our business partners.
- Partner with other leaders within Security to collaborate and support both process maturity and staff development.
- Build and maintain relationships with regional stakeholders and keep up to speed on regional business needs and regional market trends.
Qualifications and Experience:
- In-Depth technical background with a good understanding of security concepts and practical usage
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Cloud technologies/environments, including evaluating and implementing controls on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services, is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the Company
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational skills; attention to detail is a must
- Prior experience in a compliance and regulatory environment related to security and privacy including security compliance standards across industries and geographies such as ISO 27001, SOC, PCI, and other regional programs such as UK Cyber Essentials , NEN7510 is desired
- Experience building compliance certification programs, such as ISO 27001, SOC, PCI and other regional programs such as UK Cyber Essentials , NEN7510
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight/direction remotely
- Experience managing a project with multiple team members and staff across the globe
- Possess a “whatever it takes to get the job done” mentality (i.e., pick up the phone, stop by a desk, follow-up multiple times)
- Flexibility in daily hours (i.e., willingness to work longer hours during peak periods in audit cycles, have calls outside office hours with people in other regions)
- 7+ years of security experience or IT audit
- Strong cross team collaboration skills
- Relevant BA/BS degree and/or certifications (CRISC, CISSP, CCIE, CISM, CISA, CCSK)
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Fluent English and French or German required
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.