Posted 6 months ago
The Salesforce Business Technology (Biz Tech) organization is looking for an enthusiastic engineering manager to lead our application development teams that support our customer support organizations.
This people and technology leadership role will manage and lead a team of software engineers with concerted focus on nurturing our Ohana culture. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of increasing responsibility and have demonstrated success in building and leading technical teams, and in defining, implementing, and influencing engineering strategy and excellence. We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills who will work with teams of highly motivated software engineers and provide guidance through their career progression. We use Agile/Scrum methodologies, so experience working in that environment is a big plus.
- Hire, develop, and cultivate amazing people
- Lead a team of application developers and quality engineers through project initiation, execution and deployment.
- Work closely with each direct staff member to assess and improve their skills and partner with them on defining their career paths.
- Influence technology direction and architecture across an integrated functional area
- Innovate and optimize engineering processes and standards
- Lead operational excellence and improve development team processes and metrics that influence productivity, efficiency, and quality of the scrum team
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff (employee and contingent workers)
- Assign areas of ownership; ensure engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Lead and participate in technology discussions and planning with product management, internal business partners and other Biz Tech delivery partners.
- Communicate status, risks to schedules and offer mitigation strategies to ensure timely delivery of all committed projects across the delivery teams
- 7+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects, with at least 3 years of management experience
- Strong technical background in object-oriented programming and web application development
- Significant experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- Proven passion around personal and professional development of direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Passionate about innovation and creativity
- Expertise in Agile development and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Force.com development/implementation experience
- Salesforce certifications
- Scrum Master Certification
- Master's degree
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.