Posted about 1 year ago
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we are seeking a Manager, Tech & Ops to join our Sales Strategy & Operations team. In this role, you will oversee a number of signature technology projects supporting our Sales Operations and Sales Development organizations. You'll have an opportunity to interact with a broad variety of partners from the pre-sales, operations, and sales strategy teams, in addition to IT and marketing. You'll handle our territory operations and our data quality desk, and you'll author technologies, processes, and procedures that keep our organization running smoothly.
What you will be doing:
What you bring along:
- You will lead territory operations at Elastic as the direct manager of our territory analysts, contractors, and interns, who help answer questions from the field and set up Salesforce for all of our new hires.
- You lead data quality audits and list acquisition for sales.
- Salesforce feature requests and documentation: you will collaborate with analysts and partners to create and prioritize feature requests for our Sales Development and Sales Operations teams, then shepherd them through development and testing. Your focus will be to enable our reps to effectively handle leads while maintaining data structure and quality for analysis & decision-making by our operations team.
- Become an authority on data enrichment and territory automation. You define features and process changes which improve the data quality of our CRM and which route the right records to the right people at the right time.
- Build project plans and develop enablement and change management efforts for major projects and releases. You are comfortable steering partners and passionate about mentoring analysts through the delivery process.
- Serve as a technical mentor and partner to analysts and stakeholder groups within field operations.
- Help craft a sales technology center of excellence, particularly in regards to pre-sales and territory routing. You build documentation not for documentation's sake, but to inform, enable, and educate a broad, distributed audience on the workings of our go-to-market teams and the tools they use to do their jobs successfully.
- Contribute to prioritization of technology efforts across the field operations portfolio.
- 5+ years of experience working with Salesforce.com. You're also a power-user of Excel, Powerpoint, process documentation tools, and data loaders.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and you're comfortable interacting with senior leaders. Because of your familiarity with agile development / sprint planning and your understanding of the software development lifecycle, you're used to negotiating priorities and tradeoffs.
- You have an ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with a customer-first, positive approach, and you design with empathy and a mind for simplicity and scale.
- You're an excellent teammate, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that is fast-paced, where requirements and circumstances evolve quickly. You're more than capable of balancing your daily tasks along with major projects.
- You're self-motivated, able to work remotely and independently.
- Preferred: Past experience manning a sales helpdesk, either in commissions, orders, or data quality
- Preferred: Salesforce Reporting & Dashboard experience / Advanced Admin certification
- Preferred: Experience as a business analyst, administrator, project manager, architect, product manager, or in a sales strategy or sales operations role, particularly in support of Sales, Services, or Customer Success / Renewals organizations.
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- 401K plan
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 23 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.