Who we are
CloudScale is a Microsoft Gold partner, boutique technology consulting firm focused on developing solutions around modern Microsoft cloud and enterprise technologies such as Office 365 and Azure. Initially founded in NYC and Los Angeles, we were born in the cloud and have a team that works remotely from various locations across the US. Our clients include a number household names from the beverage industry, financial services, media and entertainment, engineering, construction, retail, and legal. We endeavor to enable our customers to realize the value of their investments in Microsoft cloud technology.
We are only hiring from these states, if you are based out of other states we can't consider you for hire.
Sorry, no Visa Sponsorship or Transfers available.
- New York
- South Carolina
What we offer
- 100% remote company
- Competitive pay
- Medical is 99% coverage for employee and 50% for dependents
- Dental, and vision, life insurance, short / long term disability
- 401k match 100% up to the first 4% of pay after first year of employment
- We reimburse for your internet and cell phone
- Generous bonus program
About the job
We are looking for experienced .NET developers to join our team of developers, designers, and project managers to help build customized cloud-based applications for our clients using the latest .NET core and Azure technologies.
What you will do:
- Work with other CloudScalers to build custom line-of-business applications that solve real issues for our customers.
- Continuously learn and improve upon best practices, and collaborate with team members to help them improve their skills as well.
- Build proof-of-concept applications using the latest Microsoft technologies, like Microsoft Cognitive Services, and Bot Framework.
- Identify and fix issues. Find new ways to improve code quality.
- Make estimates and communicate with project managers to keep on-track with development timelines.
Technologies you should know :
- NET Core C# with a focus on web applications
- HTML5, CSS3 and knowledge of SASS/SCSS.
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Azure Apps, functions, and databases
- Fluency with git-based source control and experience with ALM/work management tools, such as Jira or Azure Devops.
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies
Professionally, we are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to self-manage and focus on details to ensure quality is consistently delivered
- Genuinely passionate about technology and their chosen area of focus
- A problem solver: both technically and professionally.
- Ability to regularly set and communicate expectations with co-workers and meet those expectations
- A very strong communicator who is able to communicate effectively and confidently with technical team members.
- Able to elicit, infer, and understand requirements and how they translate in application features, architectures and deliverable assets and deliver prescriptive advice.
- Collaborate with teams that span many disciplines, subject matter areas, and experience levels to deliver solutions
- Work within established project timelines and effectively communicate changes to those timelines
We also prefer you know one or more of the following technologies/skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of Azure Active Directory, and/or OAuth-based authentication
- High level understanding of Azure IaaS and infrastructure services to support software development (e.g. basic networking, load balancing, data storage, distributed caching).
- Full life-cycle development experience.
- Knowledge of PowerBI and SSRS.
- Experience with mobile development and website responsiveness to mobile layouts.
Additionally, you must be
- Able to work from your own home/office location without distraction and maintain a consistent professional schedule.
- Effective in the administrative aspects of the role e.g. regularly filling out time sheets, expense reports, and providing updates on the progress of work
- Available for LIMITED travel relating to kicking off projects or the client want's to meet the team - this doesn’t occur frequently.
- Assist from time-to-time with technical pre-sales efforts, client presentations and recruiting along your areas of expertise.
CloudScale Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All candidates must reside in and be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Sorry, no Visa Sponsorship or Transfers available.