Posted over 1 year ago
Open to WAH, Portland, Bloomfield, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Denver & Nashville as
This role is for an Android Developer, an experienced individual contributor, working hand-in-hand with a veteran team of native mobile app developers who are creating exciting new features for Client customers in the myClient mobile app.
* Develop quality Android applications using native APIs in Java or Kotlin with Android Studio.
* Build service based connectivity.
* Optimize user experience.
* Develop new and innovative features.
* Troubleshoot, root cause and fix bugs.
* Enhance native application performance.
* In-depth Java or Kotlin programming background and debugging skills.
* 2+ years of Android application development experience
* Experience with mobile APIs and frameworks
* Experience developing user interfaces using the Android Studio designer with XML
* Knowledge of the full Software Development Lifecycle
* Expert in Java or Kotlin
* Experience with the Gradle build system
* Experience with JSON and REST APIs
* Experience building complex apps
* Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
* Self-starter; oriented towards over-delivering to expectations instead of delivering / meeting expectations
* Ability to work and thrive in a fast pace environment where business priorities can change quickly
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Passion for learning and creating new products and features
* Experience with Git or version control systems
* Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
* Knowledge of Material Design
* At least one app in the Google Play Store
* Working knowledge of at least one UI testing framework (Espresso, Robolectric, Appium, etc...)
* Facility with JUnit
* Working knowledge of how to use the Android SDK tools (uiautomatorviewer, hierarchyviewer, adb, etc...)
* Experience with RecylerView and ViewHolder design pattern
* Experience with Realm database
* Experience with RxJava, RxAndroid and/or RxKotlin
* Experience with Android Jetpack
* Experience building modular features that can be plugged into different apps