Posted 3 months ago
Remote, permanent, full-time (40h/week) position
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? If you would like to hone your cutting edge ASO and SEO expertise in a refreshing work environment, you might quite like this rare new position at Drops.
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and we’re very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Store for over 4 years, covering 41 languages, serving over 27 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! The founders are involved in everyday implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space.
✨ What makes us different
- We’re a small team: we optimise for impact, not headcount.
- We carefully consider tradeoffs in product, technology and processes that could lead to increased complexity.
- We use React Native on the frontend, hence we have no separate Android, iOS and Web team.
- We don’t believe in hierarchy. Autonomy, ownership, high level of trust and passion are the secret ingredients behind Drops. Clear, honest communication is the linchpin of our culture and success.
- We are looking for missionaries rather than mercenaries.
🦹♀️ 🦹♂️ Skills and experience You have:
- 3+ years work experience in growth marketing, plus points if from mobile apps with subscription-based business model
- Proven hands on experience in ASO (both Apple AppStore and Google PlayStore) & SEO. Experience in Chinese app stores a plus!
- Familiarity with ASO tools such as Sensortower, Apptweak, Appfollow
- Capability of bringing our very high ASO bar even higher and bringing new ideas, pushing an effective system even further. Besides understanding and using the best practices ASO you know every single tiny factor that moves the discovery and conversion needle.
- Experience with A/B and split testing tools including basic knowledge of statistic to effectively interpret results
- Deep understanding of the mobile app user funnel and conversion rate tracking, with eg Firebase/Indicative/Data Studio, across multiple stages of the user journey
- Collaborative self-starter with a positive, getting-things-done mindset
- In love with numbers and having an analytics-driven, structured work approach
- Email marketing experience is a plus - sales funnels, drip campaigns, using email as content marketing channel, etc.
👀 Here’s what we’re currently after:
- Owning and driving all ASO and SEO efforts
- Keyword research & optimization, A/B testing store listing assets, keeping track of the new opportunities, ranking algorithm changes, etc.
- Working with the devs and/or QA release manager to ensure optimal version release trains
- Handling potential featuring requests
- Monitoring and helping resolve potential store rejections
- Web (mobile & desktop) landing page optimization
- SEO strategy planning and execution
- Initiating and following through growth projects & experiments to continuously improve growth KPIs
- Helping maintain a sustainable user growth by collaborating with the team to continuously improve user retention and monetization through CRM user journeys and messages
- Working closely with data & analytics to ensure the maximum potential of all growth channels
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 23 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations) - if we can move freely after the covid craze is over.