Posted over 1 year ago
DataRobot accelerates the process of building predictive models to get the most out of valuable data. We work hard to create tools that nascent data scientists can use effectively while also exposing the rich detail and control that data science veterans rely on. Our headquarters is in Boston, with offices in Kiev, Singapore, and Tokyo.
We are looking for talented people with deep knowledge of model risk management best practices and a passion for applying Machine Learning / Statistics within the financial services industry.
This position provides the opportunity to help increase the adoption of A.I. within the financial services industry, and drive model risk management best practices for all industries around the world. Your responsibilities will include thought leadership around the automation of model validation best practices, research and development of cutting-edge tools and processes used to validate machine learning models, and delivering novel ways for DataRobot users to detect and effectively manage model risk.Responsibilities
- Help build DataRobot’s model validation capabilities by leading extensive model validation related research & development activities using cutting-edge data science techniques.
- Ensure rapid, high-quality delivery of innovative Model Validation capabilities to DataRobot’s customers.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally with other Product, Data Science, and Engineering teams.
- Help identify sources of machine learning model risk and inspire novel techniques to validate such models.
- Enable customers in the financial services industry to successfully navigate model risk management requirements using DataRobot – including 1st-line-of-defense requirements as well as 2nd-line-of-defense validation efforts.
- Knowledge of Model Risk Management regulations (SR-11-7, OCC 2011-12, etc.).
- 2 – 5+ years experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms in the financial services industry (preferred model validation-specific experience).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary (ability to explain complex ideas in simple, non-technical language)
- Ability and eagerness to learn quickly
- Deep understanding of best-practices for effective model validation. Related experience preferred.
- Deep theoretical understanding of Machine Learning
- Hands-on data science or predictive analytics experience with Python or R (software engineering experience a plus)
- Advanced degrees in a relevant field (such as statistics, quantitative finance, data science, or quantitative degree or equivalent experience)
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.