Posted about 1 year ago
MuleSoft Business Development Representative - Germany
Heads up: this is not a traditional Account Development role.
What does a Business Development role mean to you? Boiler Room sales? Spamming emails?
It means something completely different to us. At MuleSoft, the Account Development Team are the company's premier demand generation experts, driving collaboration across a broader account team to drive the strategy for penetrating strategic companies and prospects. As we bring a transformational, highly complex platform to market, you will lead our efforts to drive targeted engagements with senior executives and technical leaders to articulate and inspire them around industry trends and our vision of the emerging API economy- how mobile, SaaS, IoT, and the democratization of information is leading to an IT revolution requiring a fundamentally different approach to connecting data, devices and people.
As a member of MuleSoft Account Development, you are the revenue engine and talent pool for MuleSoft -- you play a key role in creating new opportunities with a world-class software sales team through collaborative account planning and engagement with C-Level and Executive stakeholders in Fortune 100 companies. MuleSoft Account Development is committed to providing ample opportunities to grow & learn, and we've built an impeccable track record of developing and promoting team members into field sales, leadership, customer success, marketing, training/enablement, and operational careers within the company. With a historical promotion rate of 61% outside of the core BD role, this is your chance to launch your career in a direction that reflects your strengths and interests.
As much as we appreciate your individual drive & willingness to go above and beyond, it’s just as important that you put the team first and get energy from collectively working towards our goals. We care about each other’s success and lean on one another for support and learning. One of the things we love most about coming into work every day is the banter and collaborative spirit that is core to our culture.
What you’ll achieve:
• 4-week “Sales MBA” split across San Francisco and your base region: learn sales methodology/techniques to ensure success in the role
• Continue to strengthen your strategic thinking, sales skills and technical knowledge with regular 1:1 coaching and experience on the job
• Attend week-long Kickstart enablement in San Francisco with the broader Field Sales organization
• Master the MuleSoft messaging and comfortably consult C-levels on the API economy
• Partner closely with your Account Executives to build territory strategy and business plan
• Effectively own and operate your business by leveraging data and insights, research, and best practices to develop and expand your focus accounts
• Capable of owning a customer meeting and effectively selling into VP and C-Levels of multi-billion dollar revenue companies
• Consistently collaborate with the broader account team (e.g. marketing, customer success, partners) to drive the strategy for penetrating strategic companies and prospects
• Mentor and train others in the role
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
• Strong academic background and performance
• Quantitative track record of exceptional performance and a strong professional trajectory
• Experience with failure and track record of learning, resilience and engaging new ideas
• Strategic thinking with a bias towards action
• Independent work style – you own your own book of business
• Ownership – you take ownership of your results and often look for ways to improve
• You are a challenger – you love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a provocative point of view to any internal or customer-facing meeting. You are radially candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return
• Opportunity to travel (not required)
• Fluency in oral and written communications in German
What's in it for you:
Clear and structured career path into various positions after the Account Development org ( Account Executive, Leadership, Partner Management, Marketing, Customer Success, etc)
World-Class training and coaching in the areas of professional & personal growth and product knowledge
Constant learning and knowledge sharing within a highly international team
An environment for an entrepreneurial-minded person with a lot of energy, ideas, and curiosity
Freedom to design your go-to-market strategy with your account executives
Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Partners, Marketing, Customer Success, etc) to generate and drive new opportunities forward
A chance to work in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment where we will make sure you reach your full potential
Yearly education budget to spend on areas you would like to develop yourself in (e.g. part-time master in FinTech space, courses on negotiation and personal impact, sales training, language courses)
7 days a year of paid time off to spend on volunteering for a cause of choice
25 holidays + Public Holidays
Monthly wellness budget (e.g. massage, gym membership, diving courses, hairdresser)
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce Company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.Posting Statement
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.