Posted 11 months ago
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join and help drive the Network Operations team. This position is full-time and is based in Belfast, NI. The Network Engineer is responsible for day to day operations of the Proofpoint production data center networks, working with Juniper, Cisco, and F5 systems, dealing with LAN & WAN, Firewalls, and ISP connectivity.
What you bring to the team
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware in a multi-vendor Juniper, Cisco, and F5 environment
- Remotely manage network connectivity in high-density multi-datacenter environment
- Monitor network utilization, capacity, and performance quality
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve network problems using methods that minimally impact production/customer environment availability
- Develop network designs and document network topology
- Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and expansion activities
- Support operations and product development teams in identifying and resolving complex functional challenges, helping to identify or rule out network issues
- Participate / contribute in projects
- Maintain network security controls and compliance on all network hardware
- Work with security team in maintaining and enhancing network security standards and assess network vulnerabilities
- 24x7 response to critical issues on a fast-growing, high volume network infrastructure
- BSc in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of deploying LAN and WAN solutions and hardware
- Experience working in a geo-located team
- Comprehensive knowledge of L2-L4 technologies - VLANs, Spanning Tree, Etherchannel, IP routing, BGP, OSPF, VRRP
- Experience and understanding of physical layer technologies - Twister Pair, TwinAx/DAC, MMF/SMF Fiber cabling, SFP/SFP+/XFP/QSFP
- Additional experience with:
- Network operating environments IOS, JunOS, F5-BigIP
- Security operating environments Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, and Cisco ASA
- Network security - firewalls/ACLs, VPN services
- Network monitoring tools and protocols: Solarwinds, netflow and SNMP
- Linux/Unix operating systems, networking tools, remote diagnostics, and network configuration
- Experience working in a high traffic cloud environment
- Dedication to exceeding quality standards and providing services of the highest caliber
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!