Posted over 1 year ago
Network Operations Engineer - GIA
Salesforce is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Global Network Operations team. This team is responsible for 24x7 follow-the-sun support of the Salesforce environment. As a member of the Global Network Operations team, you will be responsible for incident management on all aspects of the production network, to include performing break/fix and proactive maintenance to resolve outages and minimize potential for future impact. This includes hardware/software lifecycle management, network hygiene/standardization, runlist automation, as well as network monitoring improvements to proactively diagnose potential issues. You will provide third line support for network-related customer issues, and ensure that thorough root cause analysis is completed on all customer-impacting issues.
- Ensure all network issues are resolved in a timely manner, with minimal impact to customers.
- Perform high-level troubleshooting and analysis to determine the root cause of network outages and implement workarounds and/or permanent solutions.
- Isolate hardware and software problems on network devices and work with vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
- Perform break/fix maintenance, such as RMAs, routing changes/traffic engineering, DDoS mitigation, etc.
- Perform proactive network maintenance, such as code upgrades, hardware refreshes, config updates, peering/transit turnups, cleanup/decoms
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to identify ways in which we can proactively improve the stability of the network and decrease potential for future outages to occur.
- Provide third line customer support and technical expertise for network-related issues.
- Drive service ownership for the Network Cloud; assist in efforts to streamline problem and change management processes, improve alerting and incident handling, and increase automation.
- High level of proficiency and experience with TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies, such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, DNS, HTTP, etc.
- High level of proficiency with Cisco and Juniper router and switch hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience deploying and managing large scale distributed network environments.
- Knowledge of firewalls and access-list configuration and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture.
- Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring and data-driven decision making.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities.
- Must work well as part of a team in a high-energy environment; must possess good written and verbal communication skills, and good time-management abilities.
- High level of proficiency and experience configuring and troubleshooting load balancers, with emphasis on F5.
- Highly skilled in packet analysis, network analysis tools, troubleshooting and analytical fault diagnosis.
- Experience in deploying, customizing and scaling a network monitoring solution.
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with Python, perl, etc.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation designed to provide network engineering support on the weekends.
- Must be willing to work a 4x10 shift schedule that will include a weekend day.
“**U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role”
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.