Does the thought of an office humming merrily along bring you joy? Are you exceptionally organized and driven to help other people succeed? Are you self-motivated, proactive and feel most productive working on a remote team? If so, Corgibytes is looking for an Office Manager to join our team, and it sounds like you might be a good fit.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will become the driving engine behind operations. This new team member will help support the leadership team by keeping day-to-day operations running smoothly. They will be responsible for several key aspects of our business, including finance, operations, accounts, and HR.
Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented, has exceptional organizational and people skills, performs well in a team environment, can help create and maintain efficient systems, understands business finance and accounting, and has an aptitude for helping staff stay effective.
This position is full-time (30-40 hrs per week, US$43.12 per hour), fully remote, has opportunities for growth, and is preferably in the Eastern Time Zone or willing to work during those hours.
What you would be doing:
- Collaborate to create monthly sales and revenue projections.
- Track financial statements (working closely with our accounting team), including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, and Budget vs. Actuals throughout the year.
- Produce a high-level monthly financial report for our executive team.
- Keep cash flow spreadsheet updated.
- Review and direct payments.
- Work closely with accounting team to review internal invoices and expenses, including review and coding of credit cards statements.
- Collaborate with accounting team to correctly enter transactions into Quickbooks.
- Help determine performance/operation metrics and measure using analysis tools.
- Collaborate to measure sales goals/performance/growth, comparing it to annual Sales Plan.
- Establish and document policies that optimize operations while promoting company culture and vision.
- Oversee daily operations, provide support/guidance when needed/requested.
- Organize, with team support, bi-annual company-wide on-site gatherings.
- Collaborate to support management of relationships with partners/vendors.
- Support Accounts Receivables and help collect revenue from clients when required.
- Improve upon and sustain a system to keep track of client information, such as contracts, change orders, sales notes, etc.
- Support hiring and recruiting efforts.
- Onboard and offboard team members.
- Create reports measuring compliance to stated goals and objectives.
- Assist in tracking benefits for individuals (with help from benefits specialist).
- Coordinate training opportunities among staff.
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional ability to organize and synthesize information.
- Delivers work consistently and responsibly.
- Manages tasks from multiple streams well and adapts to change.
- Negotiates boundaries with clarity and kindness.
- Communicates exceptionally with both empathy and candor.
- Effectively led long-term initiatives that required collaboration.
- Worked with financial information to help drive decision making.
- Helped teams manage expenses, keep within budgets, and meet financial goals.
- Interacted directly with clients, preferably in a business-to-business environment, to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Supervised the tasks of other people and delegated effectively.
What we consider an asset:
- Experience as an office manager at a growing company (possibly even your own).
- Education, certificates, or work experience in the areas of business and/or finance.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and other financial software tools.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
- Familiarity with markdown or GitHub.
- Interest in learning how to code and leveling up technical skills.
- Familiarity with Brené Brown’s body of work.
- Experience working on a remote team.
What Corgibytes Does:
Corgibytes is a small consultancy that specializes in modernizing software. Think of your favorite HGTV remodeling show, but with code. If you don’t have a background in tech, that’s okay. As long as you’re willing to learn about what we do.
At Corgibytes, we approach our work through the lens of these core values:
- Act With Empathy: Listening and understanding is at the very heart of our culture. Consider the people who are impacted by your work: your clients, your users, your teammates, and even your future self.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Constantly find ways to expand your knowledge and learn new things. Your intelligence and talent are not fixed; they're developed over time through perseverance, dedication, and hard work.
- Calm the Chaos: Urgency leads to errors; frenzy to frustration. We focus on developing the steady working rhythm and calm mind that works best for solving complex problems.
- Communication is Just as Important as Code: No one at Corgibytes identifies themselves as a “technical” or “non-technical” because everyone is both. Practice both types of skills regularly.
- Craft in Context: Match your solution to the situation. Sometimes it’s a quick and dirty prototype to prove a concept. When the stakes are high, spending extra time getting it right is the best way to go.
Does that sound like you? Awesome! We live these values every day, and they’re a guide in making decisions, no matter how small. They’ve helped us develop a culture where folks are autonomous, responsible, and work hard without feeling burned out or like they have to choose between family and work. We’re the type of company where it’s common to see a toddler bouncing on a knee during a meeting. As an intentionally distributed team, we focus more on results than micromanagement. Our core values are key to our culture, as are our pillars of autonomy, balance, diversity, and trust.
If you’re interested in this type of position -- if you enjoy managing details, keeping people accountable, rolling up your sleeves to just get the job done -- but don’t quite have the experience, try anyway. Many skills are transferable.