Posted about 1 month ago
Join Material World as a Personal Stylist!
Did you know that Fashion Resale is the fastest growing category in fashion?
We are a venture-backed fashion tech company that eliminates the addiction to fast fashion and waste by sourcing the best pre-owned designer items and delivering them to customers in a curated way, via personalized text messages from our personal stylists.
To do this, we have to solve complex personalization problems and combine the best of human and machine. The result? Unique designer items personally matched to customers at accessible price points, and new life given to high quality fashion that would otherwise be wasted.
So how does it work?
When your personal stylist finds a unique piece you may like, they will text you via SMS. You can simply respond with a Buy or Pass, or give feedback and make specific requests. There is no commitment, you only buy what you love. Once we confirm your order via text, your items will be shipped directly to your home. No more hassle of searching endlessly for items online, filtering through e-commerce sites for hours, and filling out payment info each time you make an online order. Your stylist handles everything for you.
Our team is globally distributed, our fulfillment center is based in New Jersey, and our customers are all US based. We are looking for Personal Stylists from around the world to join our growing team working remotely ( 9AM - 5 PM PST).
The ideal candidate has personal styling experience, is tech-savvy, has a strong fashion sense, great brand awareness and is passionate about helping women curate stellar personal style. We are looking for a candidate who is a positive self-starter, understands how to effectively manage their time, possesses a strong eye for putting together outfits, and is passionate about environmental sustainability.
Some specific things you will do
- Personally style a list of dedicated customers assigned to you based on their preferences and needs using our styling platform
- Achieve and maintain various styling performance metrics to meet customer styling satisfaction
- Stay up to date with current fashion trends and all things fashion to be a source of trusted knowledge for customers
- Host short closet consultation zoom calls with customers to better understand their needs and preferences
- Think critically about our existing customer styling practices and how we can improve them based on daily interactions with customers and their feedback
Tools you’ll use
- Our Styling Platform
- Personal styling experience (or retail sales experience with womens fashion)
- Excellent verbal and text communication skills to engage with customers and create rapport as their personal stylist - fully fluent in English
- Ability to style a wide-range of customers by demonstrating a clear understanding of body type, sizing, style preferences, customers geography, and age
- Strong sense of designer brands product knowledge
- Sales-driven: drive revenue and retention by listening to customers needs and delighting them with your styling suggestions
- Ability to learn new software and systems for communicating with customers
- Able to work 20-40 hours weekly during allotted hours to meet customers needs
- Must have your own computer