Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Asia Pacific (APAC) Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Leader of the DevOps-focused Open Innovation Labs (Labs) (https://www.redhat.com/en/explore/open-innovation-labs) business to join us in Singapore. In this role, you will build and lead the team to deliver Red Hat’s unique value proposition solutions while continuing to innovate upon successes. You will be working with the global Labs teams and the emerging technology practices, including the application practice, cloud practice, and practice leads for targeted sub-practices to build out the capacity for delivery in APAC. In addition, you will evangelize on Lab’s value proposition and strategic significance. As a Labs Leader, you will work closely with the regional consulting leadership team to achieve the respective team business objectives measured by services bookings, revenue, and margin and utilization targets.
- Serve in a combined leadership and agile lead architect role during the continued build-out phase of the Labs within the APAC region
- Provide expert technical leadership to customers and partners regarding all aspects of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Present Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform vision, strategy, technology, and roadmaps to executives, technical management, engineers, and operators
- Actively contribute to and guide the creation of experience-based Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform reference architectures, design considerations, and best practices
- Hire, mentor, lead, and manage a team of senior architects and consultants focused on a diversified and changing DevOps emerging technology portfolio
- Position the Labs with customers and present the value proposition to help facilitate and maintain active engagements
- Meet regional business objectives, including team financial targets and successful customer delivery
- Ensure visibility and reporting on team activities
- Support and manage complex projects, workshops, and agile delivery
- Develop, promote, and enable services methodology best practices and technical content on DevOps and emerging offerings that result in high customer satisfaction and supportability
- Solid knowledge of and operational experience with new services methodologies related to agile and DevOps
- Ability to quickly embrace and understand new technologies; ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Experience with and demonstrated expertise in the management of a professional services team consisting of highly technical associates; good customer-facing skills
- Background in architecting and designing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- 8+ years of experience in a solutions architect, enterprise architect, or an architect consulting delivery role
- Proven record of working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior developers, information technology (IT), and business executives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills with a high level of intellectual agility, problem-solving skills, and capacity for original thought
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities via email and IM clients
- Willingness to study and an ability to quickly learn and put new topics into practice
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation
- Willingness to travel weekly to customer locations throughout APAC; occasional global travel
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.