Are you looking for an exciting, fulfilling and fun role with a fast-growing edtech company?
LearnCube is a virtual classroom software startup that is on a mission to transform language education. Through our award-winning online classroom, we help education entrepreneurs from the individual online language teacher to the largest language companies in the world, including Babbel.
We’re a 5-year-old company based in London but have a “remote-first” culture.
Talking about culture, we offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
As the Operations Manager for LearnCube, you’ll learn so much more with us than you would ever learn with a big corporation. You’ll be working closely with the leadership team, find the work really fulfilling and actually, we’ve got our heart set on seeing you eventually grow into our Global Head of Operations.
Initially, the key role will be to building and sustaining the sales, marketing, finance and administrative systems needed to scale the business.
Here are some of the tasks you will be doing:
- Systems creation - documenting systems using Google Drive
- Process improvement - find smart ways to do things better
- Project management - e.g. preparing for LearnCube to exhibit at conferences
- Operations management - motivate, support and facilitate team-members to stick with processes
- Support - provide some administrative and sales support
- Hiring and managing contractors - e.g. translators, designers, etc.
What you’ll get from LearnCube:
- Full-time work, initially as a 3-month fixed term contract (remote position)
- Competitive salary and performance bonus at contract end
- Note that if the contract goes well:
- We can discuss a full-time employment contract, 33%+ pay increase and the option to earn equity/shares in LearnCube (i.e. big upside)
- Path towards promotion to Global Head of Operations
- Perks would include:
- Freedom to live where ever you like so long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence in a city located plus or minus 4 hours UTC
- 1 to 2 x per year, you will enjoy an all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space
- Significant professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to go to conferences
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Before you apply, you will ideally be able to demonstrate many of our guiding criteria below…
Guiding criteria for the successful candidate:
- Highly organised and love creating systems
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written)
- Show initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Interest or ability to speak a second language (Mandarin, German, Arabic, Spanish & French are all especially helpful)
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Some experience with creating systems
- 2+ years of work experience (sorry this is not a graduate role)
- Able to comfortably work European hours (i.e. UTC + or - 4 hours)
However, we do have some non-negotiables…
- Are you a team player and good person? We have a strict no d***head policy.
- Do you have a passion for education?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker...in fact, that’s probably a positive :)
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in operations, management, support and systems?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remote?
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).