Posted 5 months ago
You probably havent run into a company like Olark before. We are a small, fully distributed team working to make business more human. Since 2009, weve been in the live chat business, helping tens of thousands of customers support their customers with our chatbox.
We believe that customer service is essential to all types of businesses including our own business - which is reflected in our All Hands Support model. Our passion and dedication to our customers is a direct result of us putting our people first.
This is a unique point in our company history. As we move into our tenth year of business, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Partner Marketing Manager to play a critical role in generating small business demand, sales leads, and revenue for Olark products.
Over the past 10 years, weve built a strong base of diverse small business customers in 170 countries. Currently, most of our customers buy direct via Olark.com. Looking ahead to the next 10 years, we believe that a focused channel partnership program will help us grow faster by reaching micro-segments of small businesses that dont yet know or use live chat.
If you are excited by the challenge of developing a new partnership program and playing an instrumental role in Olarks next phase of growth reaching thousands more small businesses wed love to talk to you.Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Create a channel partnership program through thoughtful and creative financial incentives and non-financial marketing resources that would fit the needs of each profile of partner.
- Build a go-to-market plan for channel partners in the small business segment. This work would include identifying partner profiles, developing a target list of prospective partners, executing marketing tactics to recruit and foster partners, and generate small business demand, leads, and revenue for Olark.
- Establish strong partner relationships, via in-person partner meetings and through crafting scaled email campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Help partners succeed through Olark-run marketing programs, like webinars and events, that enable them to generate qualified leads, sales, and revenue for Olark.
- Develop collateral, playbooks and toolkits, in close collaboration with our content marketing manager, to empower partners.
- Analyze the effectiveness of partner programs to determine ROI and prioritize resources.
- Work with Olarkers across marketing, product management, engineering, and customer service to continually improve what we offer partners.
You will help us solve key Marketing challenges:
- Strategic thinker who can focus on details: You are able to zoom out to develop the right plans and zoom in to execute your plans well.
- Empathetic: You realize listening is just as important as speaking your mind. Externally, you are able to listen and respond to the needs of our partners. Internally, you assume good faith your teammates when there is conflict and are curious about understanding their perspectives.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills: You have the ability to manage a wide range of topics and projects at one time.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability: You have the skills to determine program effectiveness, ROI and impact.
- Self-directed, but also open to collaboration: You are happy to work independently, but know when to ask for help. You know how to give, and receive, direct feedback. You are a team player, comfortable both contributing to and leading projects. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to experiment.
- Excellent communicator: You are able to clearly communicate your thoughts, especially in writing. You know when a conversation should be over Slack, email, or Zoom.
- Comfortable or open to working remotely: Our entire team is distributed and youll communicate via remote tools: email, chat, video conferencing, etc.
- Willing to travel in the US: You are excited to occasionally meet partners face-to-face, attend events, and present at conferences and tradeshows as needed.
You can expect a lot from us:
- Develop and run a profitable partner channel program to reach micro-segments SMBs who do not currently use Live Chat.
- Generate small business demand, sales leads, and revenue for Olark by building strong relationships with a focused set of partners, and then providing them with the necessary incentives, tactics, resources and individualized support.
- In time, identify opportunities to scale the focused program to reach more partners and small businesses.
First off, make sure to read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. Beyond what you see there, as a member of the Marketing team you can expect:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though were remote, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
- Weekly required Marketing meetings, 1-on-1 manager meetings, and team wide sync. We balance staying connected with also having plenty of time to do work.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- Great compensation and benefits: competitive pay, phone/internet stipend, health benefits, $1K vacation bonus for the first week you take off a year, 401k, and charitable donation matching.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.