Posted about 1 year ago
This position is remote based in EMEA.
The People Business Partner (PBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. In many companies, the role is referred to as HRBP. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The position formulates partnerships across the People Ops function to deliver value-added service to management and team members that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position will include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition. This role is intended to be solution-focused, and partner with and advise the business, without being “the HR police.”
- Provide strategic HR support to client groups and consults with VPs, Directors and Managers in areas of performance management, management training and coaching, organizational development, and employee relations.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Work closely with HR colleagues in implementing organization wide initiatives.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Raise concerns or trends to the CCO, legal, and/or HRBP directors to address timely and effectively.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Experience working with Global teams.
- 5-10 years HRBP support in a high growth, fast moving company where ongoing change is the norm, with at least 2-3 of those years supporting a SaaS or related software organization.
- Partner with the Engineering VP on the people strategy for their organization.
- Provide support and guidance to people leaders at all levels within the Engineering organization (front line manager to director).
- Understand GitLab’s Engineering strategy in order to align people strategies to meet business goals.
- Support the Engineering team through all People Ops processes including compensation, talent development, performance management, employee relations, change management and organizational design.
- Analytically driven, experience in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our programs and initiatives.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.