Posted 8 months ago
As a remote first team of nearly 50 individuals, we emphasize our core values of empathy, transparency, responsibility, and awkwardness to keep the team connected while growing the business. We've found that as long as you have a stable internet connection, working collaboratively and effectively can happen from anywhere in the world. While we have an office in Portland, Oregon - only about 6 people work out of it regularly. The rest of the team lives all over the world; from Canada to Pakistan, from Australia to Scotland, from Spain to India, and all sorts of places in between.
We're looking for a someone with experience in recruiting, hiring, employee orientation and people operations. With your hands in both the current business practices and the hiring practices, you'll be playing a vital role in shaping the company from its core, the team.
This isn't just a recruiting role; yes, you'll definitely be hiring new folks (1 or 2 a month) and forming a forward-looking, inclusive, proactive
interview process. But you'll also be responsible for nurturing and empowering the team we do have by implementing processes which will help them grow, learn, and be evaluated.
We're accepting applications until July 22, 2019 (5pm US Pacific Timezone)
- no advantage to applying first. Put your best foot forward.As People Operations Manager you will:
As a member of the Operations Team, you'll work with:
- Own our hiring process. You'll strategize with our Leadership Team to create future hiring plans, and continue to iterate on processes to ensure that the best candidates are applying, and we're responding efficiently. You'll guide hiring teams in this process and ensure they receive the appropriate training.
- Improve and develop our recruiting process in order to create a strong pipeline of candidates for future openings. We want to be proactively reaching out to potential candidates, and talking to those who are the best at their craft.
- Consistently improve our onboarding process to create a welcoming remote-first environment for our newest team members.
- Collaborate with our Operations Team to create welcoming and thoughtful retreats for all our team members.
- Own our relationships with People Ops vendors and products. For example: Culture Amp, Greenhouse, LinkedIn, 15five, various job boards, and vendors of your choosing.
- Sonja Beardsley - Director of Operations located in Portland, Oregon, USA - Sonja joined our team over three years ago. She's seen the company grow from less than 20 people to where we are now.
- John Byrne - Controller located in an RV roaming the US National Parks with his wife and dog - John B joined the team as our first controller and has brought a much needed perfectionist's eye to the Ops team.
- Olivia Stavros-Tracy - Office Manager located in Portland, Oregon, USA - Olivia is our team's cheer champion, celebrating our employees all over the world.
- Will Clayton - Data Analyst located in Portland, Oregon, USA - Will joined our team and instantly created metrics to add transparency and visibility into our company's operations.
- Colin Nederkoorn - CEO located in Portland, Oregon, USA - Founded our company on its core values of transparency, responsibility, empathy and awkwardness. Living out those values everyday of his life.
- Gin King - Billing Manager located in Scotland, UK - Works directly with our customers everyday, leading with empathy and excellent communication abilities.
Beyond these folks you'll also work closely with our hiring teams with individuals located all over the world.Why should you work with Customer.io?
We're a company of 50 people and growing, and that's challenging. This role offers the opportunity to work on company-wide initiatives both individually and in collaboration with hiring teams and Operations. You'll have a say in what we do and how we do it, and both affect and work with everyone in the company in the process.
We offer competitive salaries at or above market rate. This position will range between 58,000 - 75,000 USD, depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Check out our careers page for more information on our great benefits and why you should come work with us!Diversity statement
We want to build and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn, mentor, and grow. We know that diverse teams make better products, and especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply — if you have any questions, please let us know via Twitter. We don't want "culture fit", but "culture add." We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we're always working to build.Come join us!
Apply below and be sure to add your favorite color to your cover letter. There is no wrong answer, you'll just have to trust us on that one!