Posted 10 months ago
The Senior Performance Engineering Architect will lead the transition of our performance testing, analysis, capacity planning, cost to serve optimization tools and methodology, as we move from first-party data centers into the public cloud with a large scale distributed system environment of microservices. The successful candidate will partner across the technology organization to define and implement new tools and processes in these and other areas.
You will accomplish this by:
- Aligning and driving the tooling strategy to enable service owners, developers, and business executives to gauge and act on cost-to-serve metrics, both by leveraging existing tools for monitoring; alerting; and data acquisition, analysis, and visualization; as well as building new tools in these areas.
- Being an influencer around software architecture design and deploy on public cloud best practices, including cost-to-serve, capacity planning, observability, supportability, scalability, performance, availability, and maintainability.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in developing and running enterprise services in a public cloud environment
- Proven experience influencing organizational transformation with performance and cost optimization via tools and data
- Experience driving timely requirements into virtual teams across many parts of an organization, including monitoring, performance, cost to serve, and tooling.
- Prior success in fast-paced agile environments with mentoring and leading by example
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and the trade-offs of developing applications that run in on-premise enterprise data centers vs in public cloud
- Solid understanding of the Google SRE operational model and the Service Ownership requirement definition including across the AWS Well Architected Framework pillars
- Strong demonstrated experience in systems modeling and thinking, and in developing data-centric analyses to validate analytical models
- Working experience with Performance Efficiency and Cost Optimization tools from any of: AWS, GCP, Azure, 3rd party vendors such as Cloud Heath, or open source tooling and communities
- 3+ years in a leadership role in a technology organization building and optimizing services and micro-services
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams and drive to success through influence; Work well in a distributed team environment
- Strong communication, partnership and management skills to lead and collaborate with engineering, DevOps and product teams
- Proven track record in bringing clarity to ambiguous situations. Ability to facilitate and arbitrate technical discussions, and to make challenging calls or recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required
- Experience working within Agile software development methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant experience
- MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field or relevant experience
- 10+ years work experience in cloud infrastructure design, implementation, optimization, and tool development.
- Domain expert on public cloud, distributed system, microservices architecture and capacity planning.
- Certifications desired in cloud computing (AWS Solution Architect, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS DevOps Engineer, etc.)
- Nice to have - Experience with other cloud providers (i.e. Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience in operating on-prem and cloud infrastructure and applications.
Salesforce.com HQ office in downtown San Francisco
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” ten years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for \"family\") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.