Posted 11 months ago
Job CategoryEmployee Success
The Employee Relations Performance Improvement Advisor (PIA) is a part of the Employee Relations function, providing performance management support directly to people managers. The PIA partners with Employee Relations Managers (ERM), leveraging best practices and processes to ensure consistent application of the Performance Improvement Framework (PIF) while ensuring alignment to company values, policies, and procedures and remaining true to Salesforce culture.
- Provide a guidance to managers on Performance Management, the PIF, and routine, low risk ER matters.
- Influence and gain business leader sponsorship in driving performance improvement.
- Guide and coach managers on addressing employee underperformance, development and delivery of appropriate feedback and coaching; draft Coaching Memo (CM) and Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) plans, and other PIF related documents. Evaluate appropriate level of corrective action, finalize documentation, and recommend next steps.
- Partner with assigned Employee Relations Manager regarding patterns of performance challenges within a department or other employee relations concerns that arise.
- Partner with managers to proactively improve performance utilizing data and patterns to guide action plans.
- Perform other ER administrative duties as required
- May conduct ER fact-finding in relation to performance management cases
- Consult with Employee Relations Managers, ESBPs, Salesforce legal counsel as necessary.
- Interpret and apply understanding of Performance Improvement Framework, Salesforce policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, and clarification for ER inquiries.
- Leverage Concierge knowledge to identify trends and recommend solutions for ER-related matters to aide in Tier 0 and Tier 1 resolution
- Track, report, and analyze case trends utilizing Service Cloud, a Salesforce technology-based case management system.
- Manage or participate on special projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input.
- Evangelist of continued adoption of the shared services ER model.
- Minimum 3 years in human resources, including specific performance improvement/management experience within employee relations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with working in a centralized employee relations or human resource function preferred.
- Experience in coaching and influencing managers in performance improvement or equivalent HR related experience supporting a business function.
- Ability to build, develop, implement and engage in new service delivery approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully with ambiguity, multiple priorities, and a constantly changing environment.
- Adept understanding of client motivations and business pain points; leverage inputs to influence business decisions,
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment, preferably in a high growth technology company.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures, and business plan.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services.
- Work independently and collaboratively, applying judgement; receives moderate guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.