Posted about 1 month ago
We are looking for a PHP software engineer to work with us during business hours somewhere in the UTC-7 to UTC-4 time zones (U.S. Pacific to Eastern Time).
What you will be doing:
- Develop new web applications and support existing ones for our clients
- Work together with End Point co-workers and our clients’ in-house staff
- Use your desktop OS of choice: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Use open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
What you bring:
Professional experience developing and supporting web applications in these technical areas:
- Frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, Magento and Vue.js, React, Angular
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Security consciousness
- Git version control
- Automated testing
- HTTP, REST APIs
- Bonus for familiarity with another ecosystem such as Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, Java, .NET/C#, Node.js, Go, Rust, Scala, Kotlin, Swift …
These work traits are just as important:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Tenacity in solving problems
- A feeling of ownership of your projects
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Focus on customer needs
- A good remote work environment
What work here offers:
- Collaborate with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and diligent co-workers around the world
- Flexible, sane work hours
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- For full-time staff: paid holidays and vacation
- For U.S. employees: health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
Please email us an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org & include your location, a resume/CV, your GitHub or LinkedIn URLs, and whatever else helps us get to know you.