Posted 5 months ago
Atlassian is searching for a Principal Engineer to join the new Commerce team in Bengaluru, India.
The teams mission is to transform our billing & payments platform to allow Atlassian to scale its self-service B2B sales model and drive revenue and monthly active users (MAU) growth.
The Commerce team is in a unique position within Atlassian. We are at the centre of a lot of key strategic business-value driven initiatives and are responsible for delivering an amazing customer experience that allows our customers to try & buy our products with ease and delight. Can you help in transforming our platform to scale with our ever growing product line and customer base? Would you be able to take strong technical ownership of our product offerings to ensure we are building scalable and reliable services that delight end-users? If you answered 'Yes' - read on...
Where youll make an impact
You and the team will drive the transformation of some of our key Commerce services to support our fast growing customer base right from small companies to large enterprises.
In this role you will have autonomy to design, build, maintain and be responsible for the services that will form our newly transformed platform.
You will champion new features and improvements that will make a difference to not only your team but key company metrics such as adoption rates for our cloud products, purchase conversion rates, support ticket reduction, reduced time to market.
You will use your deep technical skills to help guide and mentor other developers, product managers and senior managers, ensuring the team understands the vision, is on-board with it, and is moving towards achieving the teams goals.
Initially you will be working closely, cross-Geo with our core development teams in Sydney and other Atlassian product teams to help build the technical direction for the team, and help us support & transform our existing platform. You might get an opportunity to travel to collaborate with teams across the globe.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications
- Extensive experience and a strong depth of knowledge in Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Knowledge of Database technologies (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres)
- Experience building services from the ground up from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy and ownership
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Solid understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- A strong team player mindset with experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and an ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with other architects and developers in Atlassian.
- Excited by dynamic projects and adept at problem solving through ambiguity
Nice to have, but not mandatory:
- eCommerce / Billing / Payments experience
- Experience with Typescript, Redux, Redux-Saga
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience engineering software systems of large scope and complexity
- Experience in large scale transformation (think monolith to micro-services)
- Understanding of front-end architecture
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.