About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As the first Principal Product Manager at Clarifai, you will build products that will make artificial intelligence accessible to every developer and enterprise in the world. You will be an advocate for users and strive to provide the most intuitive user experience possible. You will develop platform strategy and execute by collaborating with relevant stakeholders.
- As the senior member of our Product Team, you represent our users' voices today and envision what the next 100 million users would want.
- You make the connection between where we want to be as a company and what we need to build from a product standpoint to get there.
- You collaborate with the Customer Team to capture actionable feedback from clients and users to prioritize what features and products we need to build next and inform the team of our new products coming to market.
- You lead the Engineering Team to define the product requirements and bring the product to market.
- You continually iterate on your process, directly contribute to iterations on the product roadmap, and successfully execute on your team's projects.
- You formulate plans for what projects we can realistically complete based on each team's capabilities and bandwidth.
- You will develop a go-to-market strategy that will include software and hardware partners and work with the entire product team on its execution.
Experience you bring:
- Bachelor's or masters, preferably in computer science, data science, engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience as a Sr. Product Manager in the tech industry.
- Deeply data-driven, you can easily combine data from multiple sources and turn data into insights that illuminate new perspectives on how our business operates or should operate.
- Some previous experience in engineering, research, or high level ability to code and perform data analysis through SQL is highly valued.
- Working experience with video management solutions and network video recorders is highly valued.
- Experience working with products that use machine learning, AI - ideally computer vision.
- A track record of success and growth owning the full life-cycle of products, and demonstrably improving financial, engagement and quality metrics.
- Experience and success with high-tech products targeting B2B markets.
- A bias towards action and comfort in turning ambiguity into strategic execution plans.
- A strong design sense and ability to work with designers to build products and user experiences that greatly simplify complex tasks.
- A natural ability to be an advocate for developers, both within our company, but also advocating for developers as our users.
- Ability to prioritize a portfolio of strategic initiatives based on financial value and opportunity.
- Strong partnership with marketing to develop website collateral around products and how they are marketed.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Get familiar with our product, as well as the Customer and Engineering Teams. We would like you to take this time to get comfortable working with what we’ve built and who has helped build it so far, and give us the feedback only a fresh perspective can bring.
- Learn about the distinctive challenges that we are currently facing as we make progress towards our product roadmap.
In 2 months, you start putting yourself out there. You will:
- Take ownership of a major product on the roadmap. You'll work with engineering and design to develop a document that details specific product and feature requirements.
- Join customer calls and start interviewing users directly to help better understand their experiences and identify areas of potential product improvement.
3 months down the road, you will:
- Lead user testing efforts both internally and externally, with a focus on user experience and accessibility.
- Work with the Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience Teams to prepare for the launch of your first product.
- Evangelize the products and features that you have worked on to ensure that everyone understands the value they provide to our users.
6 months later, you will have completed your first major release to the general public. You will:
- Provide a significant contribution to Clarifai's ongoing product strategy.
- Drive growth and adoption of Clarifai's products through creative and innovative experiments.
- Help build the product team by interviewing new product managers. When they join us, you'll coach and mentor them, so that they can learn and grow.
In the future, you will strive to have Clarifai's products used all over the world.