Posted 3 months ago
Principal Software Development Engineer - (UK)
HICX is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise SaaS solutions for digital suppliers and procurement management. We are primarily a Tech company, and everyone shares a common passion for Technology, which is one of our key success factors! Learn more about HICX
We are looking to expand our Product & Platform Engineering Team, by adding highly capable, experienced, and motivated developers to help us deliver business-critical and high-value capabilities to our Customers. Our platform is highly workflow-driven which differs from customer to customer and offers a low code experience.
This role will give you opportunities to help define, contribute, and improve system architecture; You will work closely with others to create, plan, and execute engineering strategies needed to help Scale our systems and support rapidly growing Business growth.
NB: This role is a Hands-On position and Line management is not required.
We are looking for a long-term relationship, a talented individual that will become part of the team and support growth within our company.
The candidate must be based in the UK as they will be working with the UK team; the role is primarily remote however you may need to work onsite when needed.
- Minimum +12 years in professional Java programming with strong experience in application design, software development, and maintenance
- A BSc in Computer Science or similar field
- English language fluency and exceptionally effective communication skills
- Good team player and ability to exchange information and support with co-workers.
- Solid understanding of engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming techniques
- Understanding of Scripting languages like Groovy
- Good knowledge of SQL and database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc…
- Quick learner and adapter of new frameworks and technologies
- Attention to details and some creativity on how processes could be improved as well as business requirements could be met.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in automated test practices (Unit, Integration & Acceptance)
- Strong knowledge and practical experience working with REST APIs and Microservices
- Good knowledge working with Cloud provider technologies (e.g.: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, etc)
- A strong passion for Software Engineering, Innovation, and challenging the status quo.
- Strong background and practical experience in Dev OPS and CI\CD
- Knowledge of development tools including Git, Maven, Eclipse
- Experience working with Spring and\or Spring Boot.
- Experience working with ORM technologies such as Hibernate.
- Extraordinarily strong System and Architectural design skills for distributed systems
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and practices
- Good understanding of Containers and Orchestration (Ideally Docker and Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge in J2EE Technologies (e.g., Servlets, JTA, JMS, web containers)
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design and Software Architectures
- Ability to Think Big, long-term thinking over short-term gains.
- Ability to define, plan and execute large and complex Engineering strategies across multiple business areas and domains.
- A natural leader: the ability to coach, help, and lead others when needed.
- Experience in working on large enterprise-level systems.
- Experience in front-end frameworks like Vue.js or React is a plus
- BPMN Framework like Activity
Compensation will depend on the associated skill level of the individual selected.
Please do NOT apply when you have no experience in JAVA development
(Note: Our projects do not use PHP, Perl, Python, WordPress) and do not meet the minimum required skills.
If you are interested, please apply, and complete the questionnaire which will be emailed to you which includes.
- Details of Skills (required and desirable).
- Contact Information: name, email.
- Relevant work experience (your CV) written in English.
- Tell us about some interesting projects you have done in the development space.
- Your availability.