Posted about 1 year ago
Atlassian is looking for talented a principal engineer to build the next generation Identity Platform.
Over the last two years, Identity completely rebuilt their infrastructure around a micro services architecture with highly scalable services utilizing AWS resources. Aside from maintaining and growing user management features, Identity is responsible for operating its infrastructure reliably at a massive and constantly growing scale.
All products and services at Atlassian integrate with the Identity Platform, so you will collaborate with other Developer teams, Product Managers, Quality Engineers, and Support Engineers to ship an Identity experience that our users love. You will directly impact our customers' experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities. You will be a part of a small and high-energy team delivering improvements for our Identity infrastructure that powers all of our Cloud products.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Specialization in Java and Spring Framework
- Proven understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB or Cassandra)
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliability and durability within software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Experience in taking ownership of features, while working with a team on short and long-running projects
Its awesome, but not required if you have experience working with:
- OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML protocols and encryption technologies
- Relational databases, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Familiarity with other programming languages and frameworks, such as Node.js, Scala, and Go
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
More about our team
We are a relatively new team within the larger Atlassian Platform services organization. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office, and are a team that's highly engaged and direct. We ask hard questions and support each other to constantly improve our work. Were dedicated to being agile, which means were constantly learning about our users experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). Its all about improving our users experienceno matter who or where it is. We live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data driven team, utilizing a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualizations to learn about our complex systems.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.