Posted about 1 year ago
We're looking for talented attorney to join our growing team at Atlassian in a Privacy & Product Counsel role. This is your opportunity to be involved in engaging with all aspects of our organization to bring data privacy best practices to the forefront of how we develop products and conduct our business.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Partner with our engineering, product, ecosystem, marketing, security, and customer care teams
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Partner with IT, HR, and risk and compliance teams as we build and scale processes to support legal compliance in our business operations
- Update and refine Atlassians policies and procedures around data privacy
- Design scalable processes for implementation
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations, industry standards, and standard methodologies
- Provide support on data privacy related to commercial contracts, partnerships, integrations, and other matters
- Develop and deliver privacy training and awareness programs
- Participate in the review and coordination of potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts
More about you:
- You take initiative to master new subject areas, whether new laws, new technologies or new business strategies
- You dedicatedly engage the business to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by data privacy laws
- You listen carefully to understand the challenges faced by the business in meeting legal requirements
- You think creatively to generate possible solutions and options for the business, including clearly articulating the risks and tradeoffs
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Admission to one state bar, preferably California
- 3-5+ years practicing law, including at least 2 years in a top law firm
- Passion to understand our products, our culture, and our business model
- Drive to help our business teams build scalable processes to sell products our customers can trust
- Bonus points for privacy or technology transactions practice expertise
More about our team
We are a tight-knit, collaborative, and communicative team that tackles diverse legal issues and generates balanced, pragmatic business solutions to enable Atlassian to scale.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.