Posted 10 months ago
6 months, with potential to convert to long term
Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our aspiring project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. Wikimedia Foundation has a short-term assignment for a Procurement Specialist to support our Procurement, Finance and Accounting team. You will support the FP&A and Accounting teams and collaborate with other internal stakeholders to provide support in our procurement and contract workflows.
We’d like you to do these things:
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Track all incoming requests (Goods and Services) throughout the various workflows to ensure that requests are processed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. Maintain weekly contracted status report workbook.
- Identify and route new high-risk business arrangements to the FP&A team and Sr. Procurement Manager
- Collaborate with business owners requesting contracts and purchases to
- Write summaries of contract financial terms for the Finance teams and brief Finance team members on contract issues and exceptions
- Assist with Purchase Order and vendor set up
- Reconciliation and tracking of PO, contracts, and commitment due dates
- Assist with resolution of discrepancies between POs and invoices
- Prepare reports to support business processes
- Other contract and purchasing tasks as required
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience supporting a procurement and team
- Understanding of financial and payment terms and best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience managing workflows in Financial systems
- MS Excel skills & Google spreadsheets
- Able to work autonomously to produce accurate and timely deliverables
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience with Sage Intacct Accounting System and/or Cobblestone Contract Management Software
- Familiarity with financial controls and accounting principles
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Wikimedia Foundation website
Wikimedia Foundation blog
Annual Report - 2017