Posted 3 months ago
Rainforest is a QA testing platform that aims to eliminate the complexity of quality assurance while helping people create great products.
Through a combination of both automated machine learning and our crowd-sourced Tester Community, our mission is to make quality accessible by delivering meaningful insights that are fast, accurate, and human. We strive to create an experience that doesn’t replace the important human aspects of testing but rather helps teams to shift left
by democratizing testing workflows and ownership.
About the Team
As a designer in this role, you’ll be collaborating with cross-functional leads across sales, engineering, and customer success teams to drive adoption and retention of our core test writing workflows.
Using a combination of product-led analytics, intuition, and direct conversations with users, you’ll get to identify opportunities for improving our first-time user experience, create innovative interactions for our test editor and define new design patterns that can be holistically applied across our product.
Then through rapid iteration, you'll work directly with frontend and backend engineers in 6-week sprints, to build and ship your ideas straight to customers.
This is a full-time role, reporting to our Director of Design who operates on UTC +10. However this is a 100% remote role, so you can work from anywhere.
About the Role
- Identify opportunities to improve Rainforest’s user experience, through research and ideation.
- Talk directly to customers to learn about their unique pain points and individual goals.
- Own the entire design process, from large projects to small bug fixes.
- Get a seat at the table. By owning the direction, outcome, and management of projects.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure the delivery of high-quality features.
- Collaborate with other designers, to create, publish and scale the Rainforest Design System.
- Support the scalability of the design organization through process improvement, and help develop the culture of a young team.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working as a product designer or in a similar role.
- Have experience working in embedded teams or at start ups, designing SaaS products and tools related to software development.
- Feel at home solving problems with varying levels of ambiguity and complexity.
- Are comfortable working on both detail-oriented UI designs as well as high-level information architecture.
- You have exceptional written communication skills; are comfortable explaining ideas, decisions, and processes to anyone in the company.
- You are willing to be being upfront with your weaknesses, strive to improve, and have no problem asking for help if you need it.
How we'll reward you
- A competitive salary (locally adjusted). Along with equity.
- Flexible, remote work options
- A weekly allowance for lunch (locally adjusted).
- A monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development (locally adjusted).
- International company off-sites to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world.
United States Residents Only:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
About the Company
How We Work
We are a truly distributed team, spanning North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific, that values async and written communication over in-person meetings. We aim to foster an organization of self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset, who feel empowered to be managers of one. Due to this choice, our organization doesn’t have explicit Product Management roles. As we believe everyone should be able to identify and focus on what they see as the most important problems to solve, rather than delegate that to a particular person.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.