Posted about 1 year ago
15Five is looking for a Product Designer to help craft 15Five's product design system. Your passion for design details and ability to think in systems will help increase the usability, aesthetics and brand expression within our products, equip feature teams (squads) to move fast, and help our users get more from our products. You will need to have a strong eye for detail with a proven knack for designing simple and beautiful digital products.
Alongside creating and maintaining our design systems, you will work closely with Product Designers to take designs of varying degrees of fidelity to the finish line. This could mean polishing, suggesting new UI patterns, adding micro-animations, prototyping, creating illustrations for empty states, and custom icon sets that are in line with the design system.
This opportunity is available in our New York, Raleigh or San Francisco office. Remote applicants also encouraged from the US (Eastern or Central timezone), Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Ukraine or the UK. To enable close collaboration with your team in different timezones, your working hours must include 10am - 2pm ET at least 4 days per week.
What you'll do
- Your role will be split 50/50 between Design Systems and UI Design specialist supporting our core product squads
- You will work closely with Brand and Product Design to define the needs of the 15Five Design System
- You will design and maintain design components - from page layouts to micro-interactions - across the web, iOS, and Android platforms
- The other 50% you will be a key specialist on the Design Team supporting our Product Designers in each core product squad.
- You will collaborate with Product Designers to take designs of varying degrees of fidelity to the finish line. This could mean suggesting new UI patterns, adding micro-animations, prototyping, creating illustrations for empty states, and custom icon sets that are in line with the design system.
- Rapid prototyping and iteration, applied across UI designs, patterns, and processes
What you'll bring
- At least 4+ years experience designing products across web, iOS and Android working as a Visual / UI / Interaction Designer on a Product Team
- Experience creating, implementing, and evolving a design system for digital products
- Youre the type of person who is inspired by the knowledge that your contributions are helping your product design peers to do their best work.
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to make complex interactions simple
- Proven ability to produce cutting-edge work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Previous experience working remotely
- Fluency in component-based design & prototyping software. e.g. Sketch and InVision
- Bonus: Experience designing for Enterprise and/or B2B
- Bonus: Experience designing dashboards / reports
- Bonus: Experience / passion for accessibility
Snapshot of your impact, by the 3 month mark:
- Complete 15Fives new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the Product Design role.
- Gain clarity on expectations of your role and understand Best-Self Management.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build out your OKRs for the quarter.
- Start building the foundation of strong relationships with your design peers.
- Deepen knowledge of our mobile and web applications, features, best practices and research.
- Understand and familizarize yourself with our target customers and get to know their needs and behaviors.
- Complete an audit of the patterns, interactions and visual language used across 15Five products and have a clear path to success for rolling out a new Design System
- Worked with Product Designers and Front-End Developers to deliver your first simple, beautiful, and intuitive interface design at 15Five.
Snapshot of your impact, by the 6 month mark:
- Launched a 15Five Design System which is being regularly used by the Design team
- Continuously adding to, and maintaining the Design System
- Suggesting and implementing pattern improvements to up-level interaction design at 15Five
- Leverage your strengths on a daily basis
- Contribute to the Design discipline and proposed initiatives to improve team processes, tools and content.
- Deepen knowledge around the whole 15Five product, best practices and research.
- Contribute to the growth of our team by interviewing and training new Designers
Snapshot of your impact, by the 12 month mark:
- You are key player in the Product Design team
- Have developed a partnership with Product and Brand Design and contributed towards designing the future of 15Five
- Have build-out an extensive Design System which is used daily by all designers
- The visual language of 15Five is consistent cross-platform thanks to you
- The 15Five user experience has been modernised and customers continue to praise us for simplicity of use
- Deepen relationships and understanding with our target customers.
- Discover your Zone of Genius and embody your Best-Self.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, weve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves peoples lives, whether theyre an employee or a customer.
Were excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyones unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about whats important to us.
How we work
Our people and culture