Posted about 1 year ago
The Product Manager is a member of an Agile team that acts as the customer proxy. They work with the Product Strategy team and Engineering teams interpreting customer and product goals and managing new features into production.
The Product Manager will be involved in the day to day activities of the product/engineering team and be responsible for roadmap deliverables. They will also be the voice of the engineering team to product management, marketing and sales teams, as well as the voice of the customer to the engineering team:
- Understand the customer and their needs, and is their advocate within the company
- Understand the market, customers, commercial and product management strategy and convey these contexts to the team.
- Support the Product Manager in developing commercial and market plans.
- Ensure that what we build adds up to meaningful experiences for our customers
- Be an advocate for data quality, reporting, analytics and integrity to ensure a customer can create the reports they need throughout all products in the business
- Accountable for the creation, management and prioritisation of a product backlog for the team, and for assessing whether what the team produces is appropriate to release to market
- Work with remote and cross-functional teams and customers
- Work with the team and stakeholders to understand team capacity and realistic workloads
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand their problems and communicate our solutions.
- Collaborate with user experience and interaction designers and engineering to transform ideas into functional software
- Plan over 3-5 sprints ahead, and monitor progress during sprints. Resolve with stakeholder input any ambiguities and conflicts with other existing or new functionality.
- Ensure customer facing departments understand the changes we make to our products
- Contribute and review user documentation
- Gather feedback to improve features
- Be a subject matter expert in our products
- Proactively contribute to ongoing process improvement and ensure high quality outcomes for our customers
- Pro-active in helping others through building capability and supporting peers.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years practical experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Familiarity with data science, analytics and visualisation approaches
- Ability to distil data and present insights as clear and useful business information
- Ability to create and understand data visualisation
- Practical experience developing software products
- Familiarity with Agile approaches, design, engineering and testing methodologies
- Willingness to proactively engage in continuous process improvement
- Structured problem solving and facilitation approaches
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly with different areas of the business and customers
- Clarity of verbal and written communication to unambiguously define goals and plans
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- Practical knowledge of web-based technologies
- Previous experience with web product development
- Previous experience in big data, data warehouses, business intelligence, data transformation, visualisation, and machine learning
- Previous experience working on data platform projects
- Familiarity with Oracle Business Intelligence and analytics tools
- Industry experience in the construction, facilities and/or resources industries
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or similar. MBA Preferred
- SCRUM Master certification
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.