Posted about 1 month ago
Comcate was founded in 2000 with the mission of supporting local municipalities. We facilitate life in the digital age with web-based technology to help solve community issues and improve everyone’s local agencies.
Today, Comcate, based in Oakland, Ca., empowers over 25,000 staff users at local governments and we are committed to adding more users. Our remote culture is based on transparency, collaboration, and accountability and we are proud of our reputation as a premier provider of government software solutions.
Comcate is seeking a highly motivated Product Manager to lead our product and engineering team. The ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to identify customer and market needs and lead the delivery of new products and features.
- Can you engage an old school, paper-loving inspector to move to a mobile app?
- Can you figure out a way to address big requests with small budgets?
- Can you help citizens have a more positive experience with their government?
- Assessing competing priorities, deciding which priority is going to deliver the greatest value to the Company and clients and then managing the team to deliver.
- Transitioning quickly between tasks. Conducting research, and then jumping on a call with our developers for a daily stand-up meeting. Scheduling calls with our support team to learn more about customer needs, and then writing requirements and building wire-frames.
- Creating detailed user stories for, and negotiating timelines with, engineering and QA to ensure strong delivery. Working with creative teams to perform usability tests of wireframes & mockups for a new feature.
- Researching customer needs, engaging with customers to refine and create requirements. Helping them improve their agency.
- Managing remote teams in various locations. Presentation, modification, and ongoing clarification of requirements and wireframes to the offshore development team.
- Presenting product roadmap to team and ensuring alignment with company strategy, customer expectations and revenue opportunities.
- Supporting sales in closing deals and working with marketing on product communications. Getting out and talking to/visiting with customers - getting feedback, evangelizing the product.
Product Manager (40%): Create product requirements of user stories that produce marginal value and are consistent with our roadmap, commitments and strategies. Establish clear acceptance criteria for user stories to establish standards for team.
- Engineering and Project Management (40%): Project Manage offshore development team for contracted professional services initiatives. This includes grooming tickets, gaining estimates, and attending and managing sprint planning meetings, stand-up meetings, and other ad-hoc meetings as required to remove blockers and clarify requirements.
- Product Owner/Strategic Positioning (10%): Define the product strategy and roadmap. Industry research and client research and competitive assessment to deliver clear positioning to support company growth objectives. Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Open/Other initiatives (10%): Work with Comcate staff as needed on special initiatives. Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
What We Look For
- Proven experience as a product owner, experience defining and launching excellent SaaS products
- Deep experience (4+ years) designing and deploying SaaS software product
- Understanding of SaaS licensing models and pricing
- Experience Designing User Journey/ Persona’s/ Wireframes
- Hunger for data and analytics to drive decisions
- Ability to navigate Confluence, JIRA and agile development methods
- Bachelor degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience with Jira, Asana, MixPanel or similar product tracking software a plus
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and is eager to learn new skills
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional and remote project teams Strong ability to manage across teams, influence senior leadership and communicate vision and strategy
- Interest in making a difference helping public agencies and local governments
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits including medical, and 401K
Company sponsored opportunities for professional development