Posted 6 months ago
SALARY: $90k - $120k USD
Mailshake is seeking a highly-motivated Product Manager with a technical background to help us deliver simple yet powerful sales engagement software for sales professionals. You’ll be our first Product Manager and will have a major influence on what we should build for our customers and when we should build it.
Mailshake is a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand our product offering to our thousands of happy customers. We believe in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, paid maternity/paternity leave, and other perks that come with being a remote company.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Product Manager is responsible for setting and driving the product direction for Mailshake’s applications and services, for both day-to-day feature work and long-term business initiatives. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills, a customer centric point of view, good business acumen, and a high-level understanding of the technologies involved.
The ideal Product Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, along with the ability to balance both tactical and strategic work. The Product Manager should be able to see the big picture and understand all the details that go into it and how to get there. The person in this role should be adept at building strong relationships across many groups, be able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and utilize ruthless prioritization.
1. Product alignment with business strategy
Works with key business drivers to ensure current and future product features and decisions properly support Mailshake’s short-term and long-term business strategies and goals.
2. Product roadmap
Creates, curates, and manages the Mailshake product roadmap based on customer needs, market demands and opportunities, business goals, and technology enablement.
3. Product communication liaison
Works with our customers and all groups across Mailshake to gather product feedback, set feature priorities and delivery schedules, determine go-to-market strategies, and to share the product direction both internally and externally.
- Manage the lifecycle of a feature, from conception to delivery.
- Analyze market trends and understand how they fit into or impact the product roadmap.
- Conduct market research based on competitor offerings and customer needs.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop go-to-market plans.
- Participate in pricing discussions to determine product plan offerings.
- Prioritize short-term and long-term features based on business goals and drivers.
- Manage the product roadmap and backlog to curate upcoming product work.
- Write detailed feature descriptions for product designers and engineers.
- Work with product designers and engineers to understand what is technically possible.
- Review concepts, designs, and implementations to ensure expected outcome is met.
- Coordinate with internal teams about feature releases to ensure smooth go-to-market.
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify potential technology enhancements.
- Be a subject matter expert in the market and provide product leadership and vision.
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Manager role.
- Experience working at a SaaS company.
- Experience interviewing customers to gather feedback.
- Experience working day-to-day with engineering teams.
- Experience working with growth-focused sales and marketing teams.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Kanban boards.