Posted 20 days ago
strongDM is a customer-first company that has a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As it says above :) Product is one of the three fundamental tenets of the strongDM business. It needs to work: seamlessly, effectively, and confidently. It’s written by engineers, for engineers. It’s outrageously difficult to build and yet must be the polar opposite to use.
Welcome to the Product Management at strongDM! You ensure that what the Technical Account Management and Support Teams hear day-to-day gets integrated into the product. You advocate for trends which only you can see (Kubernetes wasn’t in product workloads for years until it was, overnight). You talk to customers. You talk to everyone. You read all the things. You advocate for what we build, when we build, and how we build (in tandem with a Product Designer). Product starts and stops with you.
- Manage technical software products from planning to production
- Know what you don’t know… get to know our customers, articulate their problems, and dig in deep to understand exactly what they need (not necessarily what they think they need)
- 2 - 5 years building or PMing a technical product
- An outrageously good nose for superb end user experience
- You don’t need to code, but you need to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, understand and weigh in on trade-offs, make meaningful contributions to discussions on software architecture, security, etc. So… experience as a software engineer or equivalent would be OUTSTANDING :)
- Familiarity with security, compliance, infrastructure, networking, or auditing products a strong plus
- Understand developer-centric products and all the requisite implications of marketing to that buyer
- Can see the forest through the trees - yes, you’re outlining features, but we need solid business judgment and justification too
- Gets stuff done, achieving significant results under tight timeframes - we all pull our own weight here
- Comfortable interacting with customers and coworkers alike
- Humble - we all make mistakes - every single one of us
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup