Posted about 1 year ago
Job DescriptionAbout Toptal
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team and make an immediate impact by building products to support our business’s hypergrowth. You will guide the team through the development of highly complex features, using your experience to make tradeoff decisions, prioritize the right things, and ensure we are shipping extremely high quality product. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and marketers as well as customers to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Collaborate with design and engineering to iteratively scope, build, and launch initiatives.
- Build consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared vision and establishing a prioritized roadmap, backed by quantitative and qualitative research.
- Research, write, and prioritize detailed user stories as well as high level business cases. You should be comfortable communicating the big picture as well as describing detailed specifications.
- Effectively use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product.
- Influence and motivate cross-functional teams of engineers and designs to build the best products in the market. Ensure a healthy collaborative exists between all team members to foster our fast-paced and innovative culture.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other product managers and with cross-functional teams to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal product suite.
In the first month you will:
- Work cross-functionally and with other PMs to craft and prioritize your high-level roadmap and backlog.
- Decide what you’ll be shipping first based on business impact.
- Continue to learn the Toptal product suite, while also working with engineering to familiarize yourself with Toptal’s application architecture.
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months you will:
- Fully own your roadmap and product development team.
- Be fully integrated into your development and design team as a leader and partner.
- Create demonstrable value and measurable KPIs that help to drive impact for our business.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon your roadmap initiatives.
- Work with other product managers to measure and refine your roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year you will:
- Deliver on your roadmap priorities and promises.
- Ensure your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Have worked cross functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
- 2+ years of software product management experience. A background in engineering is preferred.
- Data-driven and comfortable writing complex SQL queries.
- Able to balance quantitative and qualitative analysis - comfortable building your own queries to analyze data as well as conducting research through various discussions with customers and teammates.
- Comfortable creating wireframes and mockups, with a knack for keeping things simple.
- Detail oriented with a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approach, and testing a feature before it is released.
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced and global company.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to top-notch leadership skills (see above). Be ready to provide a writing sample.
- Continuously looking to maximize impact. As part of your application, and to show you read this far, please describe an accomplishment of yours that you believe had a big impact.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.