It has never been more important that students around the world have the tools and support to learn through digital instruction. NoRedInk now helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. Our adaptive curriculum engages learners by personalizing exercises to their interests, guiding them step-by-step through the writing process, and boosting their skills through differentiated practice. We’re relentlessly focused on helping all students harness the power of the written word.
As the product manager for our Internal Products team, you'll support our mission of unlocking every writer's potential by improving our engagement with teachers, schools, and districts throughout the customer journey. You'll lead the conceptualization, design, and development of products and tools to support our customer-facing teams, helping them bring NoRedInk to more schools and districts.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain a roadmap that supports the strategic objectives of our customer-facing teams: Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support
- Understand and advocate for the needs of our customer-facing teams and our users, and develop innovative solutions to meet those needs
- Guide internal stakeholders, including executives, through the product development process, helping them understand dependencies and tradeoffs at each stage
- Build detailed specifications for new features and tools, both internal and user-facing
- Lead and inspire a team of designers and engineers, and help them balance longer-term technical investments with shorter-term business needs
- Coordinate the execution of projects by managing schedules, resolving bottlenecks, escalating risks, and communicating status to stakeholders
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions and define and track success metrics
- Along with other members of the Product team, initiate and drive process improvements to increase quality and efficiency
- You have 5+ years of experience as a web-based Product Manager, at least 1 year of which should be in business application and/or internal product development
- You have a track record of successfully managing a roadmap, leading cross-functional efforts from conception through launch, and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders, including executives
- You have experience using data to solve business problems and are proficient in SQL
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- You’re decisive and can communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You are interested in education and want to work at a mission-oriented startup with a talented team
- You have at least 1 year of experience working remotely (Only applicable for those interested in working remotely)
NoRedInk offers a range of benefits to help you thrive in and out of the office, including flex PTO, a relaxed WFH policy, and paid parental leave. Our team members care deeply about our core values:
- Put teachers and students first
- Relentlessly improve
- Invest in and take care of each other
- Act with humility
- Delight in our work
We work to model and promote these daily, helping to foster an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and highly engaged. Check out our 2-minute pitch on NBC or read articles about us in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.