Posted about 1 year ago
Product Manager, Robotics -
Home Based - EMEA
Must be able to travel globally up to 50%
What is Canonical?
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux, with over 20 million users globally. Ubuntu is very popular in the robotics world, serving as the foundation for drones, the Robot Operating System (ROS), and many autonomous vehicle projects. Ubuntu is the operating system of choice for millions of software developers and the most popular OS for both on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
Are you passionate about robotics?
Robotics stand at the intersection of the physical world, the Internet of Things, and AI/ML, making it one of the most exciting fields in existence today. We are looking for a Product Manager who is eager to make big contributions to the robotics world.
The Robotics Product Manager is responsible for driving Canonical’s robotics strategy. This is a hands-on role with ownership of our community and commercial positioning, content generation, sales enablement and robotics-driven product features. It will require staying up to date and participating in the latest developments in the wider robotics world and confidently evangelizing Ubuntu’s role.
Working with a global team, the Robotics Product Manager will provide product leadership to internal and external stakeholders, establish a meaningful product strategy with tangible commercial results and foster Ubuntu adoption in the robotics world. Successful candidates will have strong marketing and/or communications skills coupled with a deep understanding of robotics or an adjacent industry. They will demonstrate the ability to lead via influence, prioritize the robotics engineering roadmap, and be responsible for strategic partnerships and community adoption of Ubuntu and ROS.
As a Robotics Product Manager you will:
The successful Robotics Product Manager will have:
- Funnel robotics-related features and enhancements into roadmaps for Ubuntu operating systems and other products
- Evangelize Ubuntu and robotics at events, in blogs and on social media
- Act as the primary subject matter expert for robotics related questions and press engagements
- Coordinate between teams on market messaging, collateral, launch plans, and field enablement
- Engage with commercial and research partners to enhance our product offerings in the robotics space, helping to drive both adoption and revenue.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the broader robotics space, tracking trends, technologies, and competitors
- Research new potential product areas to determine possible market-ready solutions and ecosystem partnerships
- Act as a robotics champion and expert, within Canonical and with external stakeholders
- Develop clear and concise product positioning, USP’s and competitive materials to support successful engagement
- Assist in the development and delivery of webinars and online marketing activities to increase product awareness and solution capabilities to targeted audiences
- Develop a posture and passion for how we leverage our existing success in developer, desktop, IoT and cloud to support our offerings in robotics
- Understand global markets and how best to align product capabilities and strategies to support growth and meet localized or regional needs
What Canonical Offers:
- 2+ years of experience in product management or marketing experience in a robotics, robotics-adjacent, embedded or software company
- B.S./M.S. degree or equivalent experience in an applicable field. Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or Electro/Mechanical Engineering degree is a plus
- MBA is a plus; strong sense of commercials is required
- Robotics, Linux/open-source experience is a major plus
- Proven early stage start-up success, must be a self-starter with high energy and drive
- End-to-end software product management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to productively work with a globally distributed team, must be self-disciplined, self-motivated and deliver according to a schedule
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible work option